What to do in Bermuda with almost 4 year old

tweetypie_67

My husband and I are taking our almost 4 year old granddaughter on the Granduer July 22 on a 5 night Bermuda cruise without her parents. Any suggestions on what to do with her in Bermuda since we will be ther for 2 days? We want to do the beach with her on one of the days. Are their any free beaches close to where the ship will dock?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jacki

There are busses and other transportation to horseshoe beach and a nice little section there perfect for small children. Almost like a pool, but the ocean, very well protected and gentle. It's to the right of the beach. Bathrooms there, rentals for chairs, umbrellas, etc. There is a man made beach near the ship, there is a charge to get in there now I think and things there to do with children. There may even be a playground nearby, but I cannot remember, maybe someone else can. I would look on the Bermuda Port Board and research Bermuda for other things to do. Bermuda is beautiful, we have been twice, but not with children.

I agree with above poster, Baby Beach at Horseshoe Bay would be ideal with your granddaughter, calm water, pictures below of Baby Beach.

When you get off the ship look for Zone 5 (picture below) shuttles will take you to the entrance of Horseshoe Bay, $7 pp one way, beach chairs and umbrellas to

rent. Plenty of shuttles at Horseshoe for the return.

Not a fan of the man made beach called Snorkel Park which is in the Dockyard.

3a6f4be50b79d783ab87f2d587eba480.jpg

3851ddd2162fa567b0288120ea7e2ed3.jpg

8a3a37a51cb061f3729a38091ebf299b.jpg

3fd659f4cb921da38bcb4247fe48c72f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the beach that was right next to the fort. It is an easy walk even for a 4 year old - the first time my son was 5 the second time he was 8. The entry fee is minimal, they have a beach side bar/restaurant and restrooms. Just before you get to the beach entrance there is a small playground for the kids....but my son preferred the beach.

There is the Aquarium Museum and Zoo. It looks like it is near Hamilton (center of the island). Admission is $10 for adults and children under 5 are free according to their website. This is our first time to Bermuda so not sure of the best way to get their on your own. Hope you have a great trip.

There is the Aquarium Museum and Zoo. It looks like it is near Hamilton (center of the island). Admission is $10 for adults and children under 5 are free according to their website. This is our first time to Bermuda so not sure of the best way to get their on your own. Hope you have a great trip.

I second this idea. Royal has an excursion that does the crystal caves, aquarium, and zoo.

If you do the caves I recommend wearing sturdy shoes with a good grip. My daughter found some of the steps quite steep at that age and a little on the slippery side. One of the caves was quite cold whilst the other was quite hot and humid. Very enjoyable though.

We also did a dolphin interaction where she fed the Dolphins up close and played with toys with them. She really loved it.

Bus is easiest. If a little freaky. Lets just say, streets are narrow and the locals drive like Italians. Bit of a walk up a hill to get to the bus terminal, but it drops you off right in front of the zoo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want a several hour beach day I would take the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. There are bathrooms/changing rooms and a snack/drink concession there. You can rent umbrellas and chairs.

If you think you will only be there for an hour or so, I would probably just walk over to Snorkle Park and pay the entrance fee. The beach is not nearly as nice but a 4 year old won't care.

Aquarium is fun but it is small and I don't think I would want to do the caves with a 4 year old. It is a steep/slippery descent and tiring walk back up. Plus it is a bit out of the way.

When my kids were that age we mainly did beach days. They are not interested in touring. Bucket and shovel and they are thrilled.

Bus is easiest. If a little freaky. Lets just say, streets are narrow and the locals drive like Italians. Bit of a walk up a hill to get to the bus terminal, but it drops you off right in front of the zoo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We Italians drive just fine thank you very much.:D

We did Bermuda with an 18 month old on NCL last year. The baby beach at Horseshoe Beach was great. We took the bus there and then a van back to the ship. We also did an evening in Hamilton (took the ferry to and fro) and a day in St. Georges (also did the ferry). The last morning went to the beach by the dockyard which was just ok; much rockier than Horseshoe.

Keep in mind that you arrive at 1 pm and leave the following day at 230 pm, so while you have 24 hours or so in port, the breakdown may not be ideal for doing much beyond the beach. (we ended up doing NCL so as to have 3 fullish days, rather than an afternoon/evening/morning on RCI)

This is what I would recommend for little ones also, along with the cove at Horseshoe Bay beach. The surf there is milder, and they do have life guards.

We saw a dolphin show in the area behind the museum it the dockyard. That could also be enjoyable to watch with kids.

I second this idea. Royal has an excursion that does the crystal caves, aquarium, and zoo.

Royal charges $109 for an adult and $89 for a child. Infants are free. Don't know what age is an infant but doing those thru Royal is going to cost a lot more than doing them on their own.