Independence of the Seas-balcony guarantee

I'm thinking of doing a 'balcony guarantee' booking for Independence of the Seas, 30th September. I've cruised loads but not on RCL.

Looking at the deckplan I think there are only a handful of obstructed views and they are E1 grades, hopefully this is correct?

I am pretty sure the 'guarantee' is E2 upwards (I need to make sure) because I do like to look out to sea and from what I have researched these cabins have a deck area before the sea view.

Are there any other issues E2 and above grades might have, like some with hull/metal balconies? or if you look down from your balcony you see the life boats and not the sea?

Am I correct that superior balconies are just a better location rather than having any additional benefits?

I'm thinking of doing a 'balcony guarantee' booking for Independence of the Seas, 30th September. I've cruised loads but not on RCL.

Looking at the deckplan I think there are only a handful of obstructed views and they are E1 grades, hopefully this is correct?

I am pretty sure the 'guarantee' is E2 upwards (I need to make sure) because I do like to look out to sea and from what I have researched these cabins have a deck area before the sea view.

Are there any other issues E2 and above grades might have, like some with hull/metal balconies? or if you look down from your balcony you see the life boats and not the sea?

Am I correct that superior balconies are just a better location rather than having any additional benefits?

I've never seen a guarantee offered that differentiated between an E1 and an E2.

The X GTY rate can get you ANY balcony, including an E3. Look on the RCI UK web site for left over inventory for possible assignments.

We have an ocean view guarantee on this cruise - still not been allocated a cabin and UK site shows only 6 OV left :eek:

I would not be concerned. The number of staterooms showing available on websites is not always an accurate indicator of what they really have.

We booked two balcony guarantees on Indy last year. The first was all the way forward next to the door for the bridge (deck 11)?? The other was all the way aft on deck 7. Massive balcony but with quite a lot of superstructure on view.

We were just about to book the balcony guarantee and the agent mentioned that on deck 6 the lifeboats block the view when sat on the balcony, is this correct? The deck plan doesn't seem to have them as obstructed.

We were just about to book the balcony guarantee and the agent mentioned that on deck 6 the lifeboats block the view when sat on the balcony, is this correct? The deck plan doesn't seem to have them as obstructed.

There is no obstructed view looking straight out. If you lean over the railing, and look straight down, there might be a couple of degrees of view obstructed by the edge of the lifeboat.

This ship has no real "obstructions"...the aft cabins overlooking the wake do have other structures between the end of your balcony and the water, but the VIEW of the water is still there and wide open.

I only consider a lifeboat in front of your window to be an obstructions...thankfully, this ship doesn't have that design!