2017 Calendar of Weekly Events at the Royal Naval Dockyard

njhorseman

Does anyone know on Monday night, what makes the VIP Bonfire for $25.00 different than the MADD Monday night for $10.00 or VIP for $35.00? Other than a bonfire? Website just has club aqua for $10.00 admission. Are there drinks included at the higher prices?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know on Monday night, what makes the VIP Bonfire for $25.00 different than the MADD Monday night for $10.00 or VIP for $35.00? Other than a bonfire? Website just has club aqua for $10.00 admission. Are there drinks included at the higher prices?

Here's one difference:

• the VIP Bonfire runs from 6:30PM to 10PM;
  • the MADD, from 10PM to 3AM, over 18 yo only; party under the stars with Bermuda’s best Video DJ’s, DJ’s and Live Bands.

SBtS

Has anyone ever gone over to Hamilton for the Harbour Nights festival? I've seen some mixed reviews and not sure if it's worth taking the trip over

Many have gone to the Harbour Nights festival. It is a street fare. Local artists and artisans have tables and the Gombey dancers perform. I don't think it is a must do. I usually skip going over from the Dockyard. Most of the times I went was when on a ship docked in Hamilton on Front Street where they have the event. There is a recent thread about Harbour Nights that I suggest reading. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478447

If I'm reading the chart right, Snorkel Park is free on Saturdays?

Our ship will be in port, Sat. July 8th. Will this be the case for us?

Thanks for any info.

It says 12 to 3, free admission. Not all day Saturday. Family Day and lists some activities for kids. Then the dates, May 26 to September 4. So on your date, July 8th, admission will be free between 12 and 3.

It says 12 to 3, free admission. Not all day Saturday. Family Day and lists some activities for kids. Then the dates, May 26 to September 4. So on your date, July 8th, admission will be free between 12 and 3.

Can't believe I missed that, but I see it now. Thanks for responding.

• 1 month later...

We did not , but we did see the boat as it was finishing up one of it's booze cruises, ending in Hamilton. It seemed to me to be grossly overloaded, listing so much it looked like it could tip over. A very young crowd, very drunk people. I hope that is useful info.

We did not , but we did see the boat as it was finishing up one of it's booze cruises, ending in Hamilton. It seemed to me to be grossly overloaded, listing so much it looked like it could tip over. A very young crowd, very drunk people. I hope that is useful info.

Usually during the cruise season Calico Joes stays docked at the Dockyard. I expect that is the case with the Pirate Show. So I would not worry about it tipping. I have walked by it a bunch of times and your description of it being a young crowd who have drunk a lot fits what I have seen. They have a plank and lots of young people jumping off into the water. I have never gone on it because I don't fit in with that crowd. I think it would be a fun place for those who like to party hardy like that.

• 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know, there is no free admission on Saturdays from 12 to 3 at Snorkel Park.

No one there had ever heard of this. We had been there when it was free, and since it's not that great, we didn't bother going in.

Shopping in the stores was good though.