An awesome Pearl cruise - any questions?

TSUmom

Well another awesome cruise is over for us. The Pearl was wonderful and the staff and crew were fabulous. Our first suite experience was beyond what we thought it would be. We were in a forward PH, 10500. It was beautiful and Maxi our Butler was AWESOME.

Now I am in my post cruise depression state :(and will be re-living the cruise in my mind. Good thing I have one booked for next year and now have a cruise reward deposit so I can watch for the 2016 schedules!!

Any questions? I am not much on reviews but will be happy to answer any questions so ask away!:)

I must say that of all my cruises the water and weather were the only things that did not cooperate....The ocean seemed a bit angry at times and we got caught in the downpour in Cozumel. These kinds of things make great memories though:D

We are doing the Pearl next Oct for Panama. Do you have pictures of your room? We will be in the PH right below.

Would you believe no....In all of the excitement I forgot to take pictures of our room. The room was fabulous and the balcony was huge. Two chairs, two loungers and a table. A full size couch, coffee table and 2 chairs in the living area plus a table and 4 chairs for dining. A bathtub/shower combo too. The closet was larger than a standard room and more drawer and storage than I needed. Some friends commented on our big tv too. We never had it on so did not even notice. When I download our pictures I will double check to make certain. You will love your room.

We are doing the Pearl next Oct for Panama. Do you have pictures of your room? We will be in the PH right below.

I took a few on my Iphone - I am not computer savvy but if you send me an email njc_jnc@hughes.net I can email them to you.

Edited by TSUmom

Well another awesome cruise is over for us. The Pearl was wonderful and the staff and crew were fabulous. Our first suite experience was beyond what we thought it would be. We were in a forward PH, 10500. It was beautiful and Maxi our Butler was AWESOME.

Now I am in my post cruise depression state :(and will be re-living the cruise in my mind. Good thing I have one booked for next year and now have a cruise reward deposit so I can watch for the 2016 schedules!!

Any questions? I am not much on reviews but will be happy to answer any questions so ask away!:)

Do you remember who the Captain and the Staff Captain were?

I believe we missed each other at the meet and greet.

We did - we missed so much but we ran into a couple from a previous cruise and time got away from us. We even missed our Latitudes get together and our suite party...

We did - we missed so much but we ran into a couple from a previous cruise and time got away from us. We even missed our Latitudes get together and our suite party...

I was able to arrange a bridge tour, second time for this on the Pearl for my meet and greets.

I agree, the day was very busy, but a lot of fun!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We will be on the Pearl next year. What time would you recommend making dinner reservations, if you want to make sure you will be out in time to see the shows?

Did they reinstall the slide on the pool deck? There was lots of debate about the removal being temporary or permanent...

I found this on the KISS Kruise site:

We can also celebrate the Big Yellow Slide being removed from the pool deck for better viewing!

That cruise is at the end of October this year so if it's already been removed I don't think it's coming back for a while.

Hi,

We sail on the Pearl on Friday for the 15 day leg of the repo through the PC.

Have done the LA to Van leg a couple of times. Last year was our first suite experience in 10500. It was the best cruise ever, especially as we were traveling with very good friends. Were so impressed with our trip, we booked this sailing as soon as we got home and I have been dreaming about our 10500 suite ever since.

However, we got The Upsell Call on Friday and agreed to move up to a Haven suite but after we hung up, did research and found out that the view is not going to be that fabulous view from the front of the ship. Ugly ugly yellow slide at the pool area had me really concerned.

From what I just read, has that yellow slide been removed? If so, my anxiety about changing cabins has been reduced.

Did they reinstall the slide on the pool deck? There was lots of debate about the removal being temporary or permanent...

No water slides - I am not sure if they have plans to reinstall them.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We will be on the Pearl next year. What time would you recommend making dinner reservations, if you want to make sure you will be out in time to see the shows?

We made ours for 6:00 - two reasons, to make the 7:30 shows and because we eat at 6:00 when at home. We only made two dinner reservations, the Teppanyaki and Cagneys.

I was on this cruise as well and really enjoyed. The Hotel Director, Mirsad was really awesome! Loved the show "Encore" a great job done. The slide is gone for good. I will have pictures coming in the following days.

Looking forward to seeing some photos. Ex Calgarian, i hope you post a review. I am doing the 16 day repo Miami to LA in April next year in a mini suite. Can't wait.

Will do!

We've been waiting for a year for this cruise and now it is down to a few days and the suitcases are out. Very surreal to say the least.

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time on the Pearl. We are sailing on the Pearl this Friday on the 15 day Panama Canal Miami to LA.

Do they still have the 2 for 1 drinks during Happy Hour (0400 - 0600 PM) or has this been cancelled with the implementation of the UBP.