Things to do in curaçao

krisbtr

Hi-

I can't tell you about a beach, but there's lots to see within walking distance from the pier. You can cross a "floating bridge" (it's a pedestrian bridge that parts to let ships through) to the colorful Punda District. The gingerbread-style buildings in pastel colors are quite unique. You can stop for a drink at a cafe along the water, or visit the fruit and vegetable market wherevendors sell their goods out of wooden boats tied up to the dock. It's a great walking town and makes terrific picture-taking. - Musing About Cruising

• 2 weeks later...

We took a bus from the cruise terminal. I think it was 10 $US per person. It took us on a tour which included a drive through some parts of Willemstad, a short stop at a distillery, a short stop at a view point and a 2 hour stop at a beach which had very good snorkelling. We were then dropped of back at the cruise terminal (the bus also stopped at the Rif Fort allowing an easy walk into town) After a quick refresh on board, we then walked into town across the floating bridge.

I'm cruising in April, and I was wondering if it's possible to see downtown and beach on our own. How far is the beach from town? And is cab service reliable?

You can walk around down town area, but will have to take a cab to the beach. There are none nice beaches close to downtown. You can make a deal with a cab drive for round trip service, just pay him on the way back.;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We took a bus from the cruise terminal. I think it was 10 $US per person. It took us on a tour which included a drive through some parts of Willemstad, a short stop at a distillery, a short stop at a view point and a 2 hour stop at a beach which had very good snorkelling. We were then dropped of back at the cruise terminal (the bus also stopped at the Rif Fort allowing an easy walk into town) After a quick refresh on board, we then walked into town across the floating bridge.

Hi Soup Please -

Just a few questions, I think this would be perfect for us in two weeks. Did you find this excursion at a tour booth at the port? Did the beach have a place to change into your swimsuit and then change back into street clothes again? Any other information would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

SoupPlease, did you book this prior to going or did you book it when you got oof the ship?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We paid for it after getting off the ship. We weren't aware of the buses in advance, we just booked it when we saw them.

Do you recall the name of the bus company and where on the dock you saw it? We don't dock until 1pm so hoping this could be an option. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Do you recall the name of the bus company and where on the dock you saw it? We don't dock until 1pm so hoping this could be an option. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi. The buses were where you exit from the dockside. They are bright coloured buses which are windowless. Sorry, don't know the name. There was a rep of the company there, so I am sure they can let you know when the last bus returning from the beach is. Assuming you are mobile, it isn't a big walk from the town to the ship so the only thing to ensure is getting back fro the beach I would say.