The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I just booked this same cabin for the October 1, 2016 sailing. In your review, you state it slept 3 people, but I booked for 4 of us. (2 adults, 2 kids). Does the sofa pull out to a full size bed or does it fit only 1 person? This will be our first time in a BW balcony. I think it will be great for the kids.

Thank you.

Hello,

I just booked this same cabin for the October 1, 2016 sailing. In your review, you state it slept 3 people, but I booked for 4 of us. (2 adults, 2 kids). Does the sofa pull out to a full size bed or does it fit only 1 person? This will be our first time in a BW balcony. I think it will be great for the kids.

Thank you.

The sofa can be made into a twin bed and there is the pullman above for the other child. Enjoy! :)

Hello,

Thank you.

I can't remember if I posted this picture in the review, but this will give you an idea. We used the pullman, as that is what we preferred.

DSCN0703_zpspnilfgks.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ok, so I know I'm REALLY Late on this request, but I'm emailing you now for the compasses! :) No worries if you don't have them anymore. This was an excellent review - a quick read and lots of pictures - perfect! Thank you so much!

I have my compases from our January cruise on Oasis. Message me your email and I can send them :)

• 3 weeks later...
Amazing review! Thanks so much

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I still think back with fondness of our Christmas cruise on NCL Dawn. That was the best roll call group ever :)

Great review and pictures!! I really appreciate the post, and also highlighting some tips/secrets that aren't that we'll know. We'll be on the Oasis in 16 days, and the reviews and photos are helping up with identifying things before we get onboard. We're booked in a Central Park balcony Cabin, deck 14. We tried to get an aft Boardwalk cabin to view the Aqua shows, but they were all sold out when we booked. Thanks again!!

Great review and pictures!! I really appreciate the post, and also highlighting some tips/secrets that aren't that we'll know. We'll be on the Oasis in 16 days, and the reviews and photos are helping up with identifying things before we get onboard. We're booked in a Central Park balcony Cabin, deck 14. We tried to get an aft Boardwalk cabin to view the Aqua shows, but they were all sold out when we booked. Thanks again!!

You are welcome! We will be on Allure the week before you board Oasis... I cannot wait to try the sister ship! Hope you have a great time. :)

You are welcome! We will be on Allure the week before you board Oasis... I cannot wait to try the sister ship! Hope you have a great time. :)

In reading your previous "post" about the Oasis, I too am venturing out on the Allure in August 2016. I truly hope you will have the same type of review so that I/we all CC fans, can follow along. Thanks again for your insights.

In reading your previous "post" about the Oasis, I too am venturing out on the Allure in August 2016. I truly hope you will have the same type of review so that I/we all CC fans, can follow along. Thanks again for your insights.

I plan on it... will take lots of pictures, of course!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty late coming to the game but I saw a post you made on another thread and saw the link to this review in your signature. I must saw that this is probably the best review that I've seen to date on CC!! The tips and tricks have been amazing!

We've never cruised RCCL but are planning to book the Oasis for September 2017 so this review has been wonderful!

I had a few questions that I'd like to ask:

• Is the Captain's Corner a free event?
  • I use an over the door hanger on our bathroom door but thought a second one would be excellent for makeup, too. Is there a closet door close to the desk where I could hang it and it still be convenient when I'm getting dressed/doing makeup?
  • Do you have a copy of the room service menu and is it complimentary or is there a fee?

I also wanted to note that you absolutely made my day when you posted about the fro-yo by the pool! The one thing that I've been dreading missing from our Carnival cruises was the 24 hour soft serve (I prefer the frozen yogurt), so this made me very happy to hear that it was available on Oasis!! :D

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to do this! Great Job!!!

You are very welcome! I enjoy reliving my cruises years after the fact by looking over the reviews again. I am glad they are helpful to you :)

I have posted my answers below:

I'm pretty late coming to the game but I saw a post you made on another thread and saw the link to this review in your signature. I must saw that this is probably the best review that I've seen to date on CC!! The tips and tricks have been amazing!

We've never cruised RCCL but are planning to book the Oasis for September 2017 so this review has been wonderful!

I had a few questions that I'd like to ask:

• Is the Captain's Corner a free event? Yes. Just keep an eye out for them in the Cruise Compass.
  • I use an over the door hanger on our bathroom door but thought a second one would be excellent for makeup, too. Is there a closet door close to the desk where I could hang it and it still be convenient when I'm getting dressed/doing makeup? Unfortunately, there is no other place to han the over the door organizer. The closet has a sliding door. Another plan may be to get strong magnetic hooks (like the ones I show in the review) so that you can hang a make up organizer bag on that. Just make sure the hooks can handle the weight.
  • Do you have a copy of the room service menu and is it complimentary or is there a fee?I do not have the breakfast menu handy, but may have one somewhere in another review. I will look on my Photobucket account. As for the regular room service menu, I will be posting it in my Allure review that is in the making. I will link the page here for you when I am done. Room service is free, except between midnight and 5:30 a.m. ($3.95 during those hours).

I also wanted to note that you absolutely made my day when you posted about the fro-yo by the pool! The one thing that I've been dreading missing from our Carnival cruises was the 24 hour soft serve (I prefer the frozen yogurt), so this made me very happy to hear that it was available on Oasis!! :D

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to do this! Great Job!!!

PS: The frozen yogurt is not 24 hours, but at least available around 10 until 6 on some days, and 11:00 until 6 on other days. Just look in the Compass for the times. Enjoy planning!

Edited by APDMOM

ADPMOM,

Thanks for the paperless version of the "RCL Oasis for dummies" hehehehe. All kidding aside, I gave all of my friends important information based on this thread. We (so far 40 family/friends) can't wait until Aug 2017.

ADPMOM,

Thanks for the paperless version of the "RCL Oasis for dummies" hehehehe. All kidding aside, I gave all of my friends important information based on this thread. We (so far 40 family/friends) can't wait until Aug 2017.

:D That's a good one! I like it. Maybe that will be my next review... Cruising for dummies (because I learned from my rookie mistakes before I discovered CC) We will be on Oasis again in June 2017... We can't wait! I keep hoping there will be a last minute price drop this summer, but it does not seem likely.

Enjoy planning!

I can't remember if I posted this picture in the review, but this will give you an idea. We used the pullman, as that is what we preferred.

Your review has been really helpful, as we are sailing on Allure in August. We are in cabin 8714, and I believe it has both a sofa bed and a pullman. Our daughter would prefer the pullman, and I'm wondering if we even have a choice.

Can we tell our cabin attendant to make up the pullman rather than the sofa bed and put it away each morning, so we can enjoy our balcony?

Your review has been really helpful, as we are sailing on Allure in August. We are in cabin 8714, and I believe it has both a sofa bed and a pullman. Our daughter would prefer the pullman, and I'm wondering if we even have a choice.

Can we tell our cabin attendant to make up the pullman rather than the sofa bed and put it away each morning, so we can enjoy our balcony?

Yes, you can definitely do that. Our attendant asked us if we wanted the pullman to be put away during the day, but it was our preference to keep it ready for naps. They can definitely put it away every day though. Our son likes the pullman better too, so we always request that over the sofa. Enjoy your cruise! :)

PS: The frozen yogurt is not 24 hours, but at least available around 10 until 6 on some days, and 11:00 until 6 on other days. Just look in the Compass for the times. Enjoy planning!

Hey, I'll take what I can get! LOL! Thanks again!

...And another review is in the making?!? I feel like I've hit the jackpot!!! Can't wait to dive in!

• 1 month later...