Bananarama

Tracik

Do we have to make reservations for here? Is there a place at dock to just sign up and go? Coxen Hole port.

I did go to the site and email them and yes I saw where it said contact directly. But, it will cost me $1.99 a minute. Was trying to see if could avoid that. Thanks!

Do we have to make reservations for here? Is there a place at dock to just sign up and go? Coxen Hole port.

I did go to the site and email them and yes I saw where it said contact directly. But, it will cost me $1.99 a minute. Was trying to see if could avoid that. Thanks!

Email costs 1.99 a min? Yikes.

I have never heard of a way to sign up for the transport and day pass from the port. I know plenty of people make arrangements ahead of time.

I am unclear as to how you emailed them but this is a direct address along with a US phone number, if in fact you are in the US. :0)

RESORT: info@bananarama.com -USA: (727) 564-9058

They are usually spot on with the return of emails, there are days and times the internet is spotty on the island as is the electricity.

I just returned from my cruise to Roatan. My husband and I went with Victor Bodden(fun & sun tour, $30 each). We tendered to the dock, walked to the area where the tours take off from and there was Bodden's desk. We waited for the rest of our group to get there and off we went. We went on a little tour, stopped at their monkey, parrot, etc. zoo(very fun having the monkeys and parrots on our shoulders and heads! So neat. We were all adults and had a terrific time) There, we got a wrist band for Bananarama. We all got back in the van for a little more tour on the way to the beach. Our guide walked us from the van to the beach, got us settled and came back for us at our agreed time. We had lounge chairs in the shade feet from the water. I talked my husband into putting his feet into the tank where the little fish munch on toes! $15 for ten minutes or $25 for thirty minutes. He did ten just to experience it.

I talked to other folks who paid $10 each just to get to Bananarama and $10 each for a chair. I thought we got the best deal by paying $30 for all we got to do and see. I would highly recommended Victor Bodden tours.

We had a couple drinks on the beach and shared some chips and Roatan dip. There was everything on the beach....massage, parasail, big banana float ride and of course swimming!

Bananarama had an area with restrooms, showers for rinsing off and changing rooms. Lots of people were sitting at the restaurant eating, drinking, people watching and listening to music. It was a super fun and nice time.

Wishing you a terrific vacation!

I just returned from my cruise to Roatan. My husband and I went with Victor Bodden(fun & sun tour, $30 each). We tendered to the dock, walked to the area where the tours take off from and there was Bodden's desk. We waited for the rest of our group to get there and off we went. We went on a little tour, stopped at their monkey, parrot, etc. zoo(very fun having the monkeys and parrots on our shoulders and heads! So neat. We were all adults and had a terrific time) There, we got a wrist band for Bananarama. We all got back in the van for a little more tour on the way to the beach. Our guide walked us from the van to the beach, got us settled and came back for us at our agreed time. We had lounge chairs in the shade feet from the water. I talked my husband into putting his feet into the tank where the little fish munch on toes! $15 for ten minutes or $25 for thirty minutes. He did ten just to experience it.

I talked to other folks who paid $10 each just to get to Bananarama and $10 each for a chair. I thought we got the best deal by paying $30 for all we got to do and see. I would highly recommended Victor Bodden tours.

We had a couple drinks on the beach and shared some chips and Roatan dip. There was everything on the beach....massage, parasail, big banana float ride and of course swimming!

Bananarama had an area with restrooms, showers for rinsing off and changing rooms. Lots of people were sitting at the restaurant eating, drinking, people watching and listening to music. It was a super fun and nice time.

Wishing you a terrific vacation!

Did you happen to see what it cost to rent things/do activities a la carte?

We are interested in the package: •$40 – round trip transportation, beach chair, welcome drink, 2 hours of snorkel rental, 1 hour kayak rental, and use of facilities. I wouldn't mind saving money, but I don't want to then overpay for kayak, etc.

Thanks! :)

The only two things I noticed posted with prices were the fish "pedicure" and as we walked down the beach, I saw two massage beds with a sign that said $1 per minute. Fish pedicure also had a sign, kids $5 for five minutes. I think the gal who owned the fish business wanted to let people experience it for fun and that was why it didn't cost too much.

At Bananarama, there was a hut where they were selling activities but I didn't see any prices posted. It looked like folks just walked up and talked to the guys about what they wanted to do.

The only two things I noticed posted with prices were the fish "pedicure" and as we walked down the beach, I saw two massage beds with a sign that said $1 per minute. Fish pedicure also had a sign, kids $5 for five minutes. I think the gal who owned the fish business wanted to let people experience it for fun and that was why it didn't cost too much.

At Bananarama, there was a hut where they were selling activities but I didn't see any prices posted. It looked like folks just walked up and talked to the guys about what they wanted to do.

Thank you.

Hi all

Just wanted to post my recent experience booking bananarama. I emailed them directly and asked how to make a reservation for the day. They replied quickly and told me to call to do it. I used the email/US phone provided in post #2 above. We picked the $35 pp cruise package that includes RT transportation, welcome drink, chair, and 2 hours snorkel equipment rental. Decided to do this rather than Bodden since we just wanted to go to the beach and we didn't like other independent packages that required you to get your own taxi to and from.

A few notes. When I called the US number, they answered in Spanish. No surprise but my high school Spanish quickly got us switched to speaking English. I'm pretty sure if you just speak English, they'll get it! Be sure to check the details when you get your confirmation letter via email--the first one I got had the wrong ship, port for pickup, and pickup time (except for those details, it was perfect)! I sent them a note asking them to correct it and they did. Took just under 2 days to do all this. And from the directions they provide, it looks like it is much easier to find their driver from Coxen Hole than Mahogany Bay. 20 minute walk to get to driver in MB. Coxen Hole is just outside the gate.

Hope it's as nice as it sounds.

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typo's

I second the idea of the Victor Bodden Sun-n-Fun. We did it in March and had a wonderful time. City Tour, monkeys/parrots and Bananarama with chairs for a couple of hours $30 per person. Very professional and informative (and fun):)

We loved the fun & sun tour also. Fantastic day

Safe sailing

Hi all

Just wanted to post my recent experience booking bananarama. I emailed them directly and asked how to make a reservation for the day. They replied quickly and told me to call to do it. I used the email/US phone provided in post #2 above. We picked the $35 pp cruise package that includes RT transportation, welcome drink, chair, and 2 hours snorkel equipment rental. Decided to do this rather than Bodden since we just wanted to go to the beach and we didn't like other independent packages that required you to get your own taxi to and from.

A few notes. When I called the US number, they answered in Spanish. No surprise but my high school Spanish quickly got us switched to speaking English. I'm pretty sure if you just speak English, they'll get it! Be sure to check the details when you get your confirmation letter via email--the first one I got had the wrong ship, port for pickup, and pickup time (except for those details, it was perfect)! I sent them a note asking them to correct it and they did. Took just under 2 days to do all this. And from the directions they provide, it looks like it is much easier to find their driver from Coxen Hole than Mahogany Bay. 20 minute walk to get to driver in MB. Coxen Hole is just outside the gate.

Hope it's as nice as it sounds.

ML

When are you sailing?

That's a good package if you're not touring the island first. We always enjoy a bite at the Thirsty Turtle too.

For anyone considering hiring a driver and seeing a litt of the island on the way, we like to hire Theris and have her drop us in West End so we can hit the small shops and enjoy the vibe there and then take the cheap water taxi over to West Bay and Bananarama or another spot. Theris meets us there and is ready to take us back when we're ready. Just a nice day and the water taxi is actually a nice addition.

That's a good package if you're not touring the island first. We always enjoy a bite at the Thirsty Turtle too.

For anyone considering hiring a driver and seeing a litt of the island on the way, we like to hire Theris and have her drop us in West End so we can hit the small shops and enjoy the vibe there and then take the cheap water taxi over to West Bay and Bananarama or another spot. Theris meets us there and is ready to take us back when we're ready. Just a nice day and the water taxi is actually a nice addition.

Yes, i agree, We didn't want to see monkeys and will see some of the island as we drive for 45 minutes to get there, so we thought this would be good. This will be our only beach day of our 10 day cruise.

ML

We went to Bananarama in December. We did not make reservations, nor was it really that busy. There were security guards watching our chairs. Most vendors were fine but two were rather pushy. Beautiful water and tons of watersports right from the beach. WEAR BUGSPRAY. My child got like 30 bites on one spot on his back. The rest of us had them on our legs. Very itchy and not fun. We loved it though. I hear the pizza there is excellent although we didn't try it. It was $10 for a beach chair and a coke (or beer). Also, we used Rony's tours and were able to do this and many more activities.

We went to Bananarama in December. We did not make reservations, nor was it really that busy. There were security guards watching our chairs. Most vendors were fine but two were rather pushy. Beautiful water and tons of watersports right from the beach. WEAR BUGSPRAY. My child got like 30 bites on one spot on his back. The rest of us had them on our legs. Very itchy and not fun. We loved it though. I hear the pizza there is excellent although we didn't try it. It was $10 for a beach chair and a coke (or beer). Also, we used Rony's tours and were able to do this and many more activities.

Hi Ladytiger96,

You said you got there with Rony's Tour? How much was the tour and did it include entrance to Bananarama? You mentioned $10 - was that all you paid to get in plus the tour cost?

Thanks,

C. Anne

Hi Ladytiger96,

You said you got there with Rony's Tour? How much was the tour and did it include entrance to Bananarama? You mentioned $10 - was that all you paid to get in plus the tour cost?

Thanks,

C. Anne

The cost of the tour depends on the # of people in your party (more people, less $). For 4 people, it was $25 per person. This includes transportation and an island tour (he will also take you to a great little place to buy inexpensive souvenirs). Anything else you want to do is extra. A few people do not understand this, but the taxis and the 2 major tour operators do it this way when you choose a "freestyle" type tour. It is worth it! So we paid $10 each to see the monkeys, $40 each for horseback riding (something we REALLY wanted to do), lunch at a very fresh and delicious restaurant ($$), and $10 EACH for entrance to Banarama (for $40 for 4), which includes access to showers/bathrooms, a beach chair or a coke/beer. We got 2 chairs and 2 cokes. The security guard was literally steps away from our chair, which made us feel very safe.

If you are interested, in November we are going to do Rony's tours again. This time, we will do island tour, Daniel Johnson's monkey and sloth habitat, and Banarama where we will hire a guide to take us snorkeling to the blue channel. We will probably just have lunch there on the beach. Just to mix things up a little! (If you use Rony's, ask for Arnold. You will not be disappointed!)

Edited by ladytiger96
added detail