Hockey on Allure of the seas?

I'm leaving on my first Royal Carribbean Cruise this Sunday (May 29 - just 2 days away!) going on Allure of the Seas and being from Pittsburgh am wondering if the Stanley Cup will be playing anywhere that I will be able to watch during the week? Any other tips for my week are welcome! Very excited for my 1st cruise!

I would encourage you to bring a laptop or device that you can stream it from

if you purchase internet access.

They might be showing it in the promenade opposite Starbucks (I believe the club is called "On Air"?) but it's not the greatest venue.

Or they might be showing it in the pub, but if I were sailing I would not count on it myself.

Sorry to not bring a positive spin, it just seems hockey is not well represented at most

places.

Steve

Let's Go PENS!!!! We were on the Grandeur during the first round and did not see any hockey at all. The only hockey we saw was on ESPN and that was only the scores across the bottom of the screen. Take you laptop and stream the games. I would wear your jersey and you will meet lots of hockey fans. Have fun and you will see the Pens won the cup when you get home.

Just to be safe, you should try to find a way to stream it. One year, we were sailing during the superbowl, and had trouble finding a place showing the game :(. GO PENS! (I'm not a real yinzer, but I went to college in Pittsburgh, and have a soft spot for all of their teams :))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm leaving on my first Royal Carribbean Cruise this Sunday (May 29 - just 2 days away!) going on Allure of the Seas and being from Pittsburgh am wondering if the Stanley Cup will be playing anywhere that I will be able to watch during the week? Any other tips for my week are welcome! Very excited for my 1st cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Check out the big screens at the Aquatheater. Since it's the finals, you may find a game there if it does not conflict with a show.

Research what channels will broadcast it and then talk to staff at the on air club. The pub is less likely IMO but who knows. Aqua theater as bob said is also possible. Maybe even email someone on the ship today so they perhaps research it out and make it happen. Someone here might know who you could contact. Good luck.

I used the NBC Sports Live Extra app on my iPad to stream games while I was on the Anthem. Allure's internet should be fast enough to stream. The app requires you to have a sign-in ID for your home cable network.

It is highly unlikely that they will have the games on the ship as it would require them to pay for a special satellite feed like they do for NFL games.