Ideas for excursions?

norwane

Hello~

What is a good excursion in Belize for someone that has some mobility issues? She can walk some, but uneven ground and a lot of walking, would probably not be a good thing.

Also, I'm not too keen on the idea of being on a bus for a big chunk of the day!

We will be on the Carnival Pride in January.

Thanks!

I suggest perhaps a horsed drawn carriage/wagon tour of Belize City. You can get those right out of the tender pier when you tender in. They aren't long and then you can come back to the tender pier, called Tourism Village, and do a little shopping or grab a bite to eat or head back tot he ship. You do have to tender to get to port and the tender can be rocking climbing in, but there are crew and other to help you.

Your ship may even have a Belize City Tour without any add-ons like cavetubing or zip lining or Maya ruins. The grounds for all of these are indeed uneven.

Hello~

What is a good excursion in Belize for someone that has some mobility issues? She can walk some, but uneven ground and a lot of walking, would probably not be a good thing.

Also, I'm not too keen on the idea of being on a bus for a big chunk of the day!

We will be on the Carnival Pride in January.

Thanks!

So I am guessing no boats? This is a tender port and have to be able to board a small boat. There is not much to do in Belize that does not include boating to an island or taking a long ride to an excursion site.

Hi -

My friend can walk, but long and uneven paths would be challenging. She will be fine with the tenders. How would the horseback riding excursion be? She wouldn't have to walk much, right?!

Edited by norwane

This entails a tender to the tourist village and then a tender to the island.. There you can rent a golf cart. You can sight see, loaf on the beach, snorkel and even rent a dog. Food is good too. Coral Breeze has a good reputation, or you can probably book through the cruiseline.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...