Best food events at sea?

rjgdjg

What are some of your favorite food events at sea?

I've loved HAL's "tea ceremony," which is less of a ceremony and more a chance to have way better coffee than they serve at dinner (they make it with a French press), and try exotic and colorful Indonesia pastries.

Also, the seafood buffet on Princess in Alaska was a standout--salmon about half a dozen different ways, crusty breads, and all served against the majestic backdrop of the Inside Passage.

I do miss Celebrity Constellation's midnight buffet (what an event that was!) and their event by the pool, where they'd serve tropical fruits...It was memorable--I had guava and papaya for the first time. And the watermelon carvings were comic and eye-popping. - Diana, musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

I love tea on sea days on the Carnival ships. I know that the "big" buffet is the chocolate buffet on the last day at sea, but I love the desserts on the lido on the third day. Paris brest, Carnival and a now defunct deli in Atlanta were the only two places I could get these. Yummmmm.

• 2 months later...

Is there a list anywhere of the different food events/themes on carnival? I've never seen the chocolate buffet on any of my previous 3 cruises. I'm so happy to know what night to look for it this time. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by christinaharris80

• 4 weeks later...

I loved afternoon tea on carnival.

On NCL, back in 2011 on the Jewel we went to the Best of All lunch, where you got to try different items from the specialty restaurants. We also went to a jazz brunch on that cruise that was terrific. Both were paid events but well worth the money. I wish they still did these!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favorite food event was a private galley tour of the Celebrity Silhouette. Everything was immaculately clean, and it's amazing to see the extraordinary effort that goes into making thousands of meals a day.

DW and I were invited to have the tour after complimenting the food and having some friendly small talk with the executive chef.

The Chefs Table on any Carnival ship. Only have done it once, but now every time I go on a cruise I will be doing it. It is SO worth it & the new menu is excellent. As a living I am a professional taste tester & true foodie by heart. All I can say is that is was the best meal I have EVER had in my life & I'm almost 59 & have had the tasting menu at Spago's when Wolfgang Puck was in house & chef as I got to meet him. I'm sorry, but I really do think that the Carnival cruise line Chefs Table was a much better meal according to my taste buds. I already have reservations for it when we go on the Imagination 1/15/15. I cant wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a list anywhere of the different food events/themes on carnival? I've never seen the chocolate buffet on any of my previous 3 cruises. I'm so happy to know what night to look for it this time. Thank you!

The Carnival website has an entire category just about food, but the chocolate buffet these days is in the Marketplace buffet. The FunTimes on your cruise will have the actual day.

The Chefs Table on any Carnival ship. Only have done it once, but now every time I go on a cruise I will be doing it. It is SO worth it & the new menu is excellent. As a living I am a professional taste tester & true foodie by heart. All I can say is that is was the best meal I have EVER had in my life & I'm almost 59 & have had the tasting menu at Spago's when Wolfgang Puck was in house & chef as I got to meet him. I'm sorry, but I really do think that the Carnival cruise line Chefs Table was a much better meal according to my taste buds. I already have reservations for it when we go on the Imagination 1/15/15. I cant wait!!!

I've booked my 4th Chef's Table for my 2/28/15 Breeze cruise, and there's a new menu. I agree, it's amazing! If you search these boards the new menu is here somewhere, but I also emailed it to Zydecocruiser, I just don't know if he's updated the website. I have been having a craving for their Wagyu beef!

I haven't been to Spago's but I dined at an Emeril's in Orlando several years ago and it was fantastic. I highly recommend Marmalade in Old San Juan (PR), one of the best meals of my life :)

I just found out last year that I'm a "super-taster" - I missed my calling! But I wouldn't be able to even taste things like brussel sprouts :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The thing we look forward to on our cruise is the "Chef's Table." Yes, it is a little pricey to attend, but every single one we have attended was really something special. I have said we didn't care for the food on the Dawn on our last cruise, we could not find a good dinner experience - with the exception of the Chef's Table. Truly phenomenal food and wine, worth every penny. We are hoping to find the Chef's Table dinner on the Veendam in May, it will be interesting to see what they can do.

Lorie

We had the Chef's Table on the Carnival Dream last May and it was indeed the best! WOW -- like eating artwork!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...