That darn "new bookings only" thing!!!

Once again, balconies are lower than my ocean view is going for now - by about $600. AND there is an AFT BALCONY available!!! But it's "new bookings only" so I can't change and eat the difference (less than the current difference).

Maybe I'm nuts, but it seems like it would make more sense to allow someone in an OV to change to a balcony and then make MORE money selling the OV at its current rate.

Oh well. Forward-facing I shall be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Foreign booking rules I guess? US rules you can usually sidestep the new booking rule by threatening to cancel and rebook.

I was thinking the OP might be within final payment period, if their cruise was July 1.

Yep. Within final payment. Also in the US. I've got to call later anyway with my excursion question, so it can't hurt to ask if maybe.... :)

You might try C&A, and also ask to speak to Resolutions about it.

Most times when a price is for "new bookings", they will allow you to make the move without requiring a cancel and rebook, but I did read another post not too long ago where Royal refused, so maybe they are changing that policy.

You might try C&A, and also ask to speak to Resolutions about it.

Most times when a price is for "new bookings", they will allow you to make the move without requiring a cancel and rebook, but I did read another post not too long ago where Royal refused, so maybe they are changing that policy.

Yeah, I think that was me then as well.

Just gave them a call and it is still the new bookings only - again, she tried. And she agreed with me that she thought it would make much more sense to let me upgrade and then resell my cabin at the higher rate on OVs now, but she couldn't get around it.

If at first you don't succeed, call, call again:) Good luck

Edit- It looks like your sailing is on this week's GGG flyer, if the price is the same in the next couple of days I would call again. I would try again tomorrow

Edited by molly361

Just gave them a call and it is still the new bookings only - again, she tried. And she agreed with me that she thought it would make much more sense to let me upgrade and then resell my cabin at the higher rate on OVs now, but she couldn't get around it.

Keep calling. I seem to get different answers every time I call.

Also, try asking for a manager, or the manager's manager.

Calling the Crown and Anchor number, as mentioned previously, is a good idea.

Even is they won't give you money back, they should let you move rooms at no cost.

Keep trying. Persistence could pay off.

Good luck,

James

Sorry to hear tha. Unfortunately, because you are within final payment, you have little leverage. If you were trying to upgrade to a higher category that was going to cost you some money, they might allow it.

Sorry to hear tha. Unfortunately, because you are within final payment, you have little leverage. If you were trying to upgrade to a higher category that was going to cost you some money, they might allow it.

Yeah...at additional cost they would happily move me.

I'm fine with where I am - I just figured especially seeing the aft balcony it was worth a try.

But couldn't she cancel, Isn't she just in the lose you deposit stage, that would be $500. Her new cabin is $600 less, she is still coming out $100 ahead.Or am I looking at this wrong?:confused::confused:

Oh, never mind it looks like it's on the Brilliance so it's probably a longer cruise which would mean the deposit is $450pp. So then it would cost $300 more to get a balcony, but if its a longer cruise I think $300 for balcony is a no brainer.