Pre cruise Hotel

crisp1

We are booking our own air and pre cruise hotel. Our flight is scheduled to arrive Thursday 8:50 pm. Looking at hotel choices IC, Tahiti Nui,Tahitian Pearl and Manava look interesting. Any recommendations for these or other options

Thanks

Look at Fare Suisse. A small Pension that is about a 15 minute walk to the dock. I suggest that because the owner will pick you up at the airport when you land and the next day drive you to the dock at no charge. This will save in the neighborhood of $50 in taxis. Room rate is about 80-100 per night. It is a simple place that is clean. Nothing fancy at all. The walk to the dock would not be my suggestion for the day you depart but for consideration to walk the evening you arrive to eat at the food trucks.

There is also a large supermarket about 1 block from the Pension so that you can stock up if you want anything for the cruise.

Look at Fare Suisse.

If this interests you, book early as they are small and fill up fast.

I would recommend the IC. Really expensive to eat there though, the pool is lovely.

Edited by 6rugrats

IC is great and not expensive to eat if you really look at the menu. The breakfast buffet is what is expensive but a 10 minute walk takes you to a little supermarket and 20 minutes to a huge supermarket. You can get breakfast and lunch stuff and it's cheap.

IC is great and not expensive to eat if you really look at the menu. The breakfast buffet is what is expensive but a 10 minute walk takes you to a little supermarket and 20 minutes to a huge supermarket. You can get breakfast and lunch stuff and it's cheap.

The supermarket that is 20 minutes away really is HUGE. :eek: You can get most anything you want including lots of wine. :D Be advised that the service deli that makes great sandwiches etc only takes cash (even though they are in the store which takes CCs).

We are doing two days pre-cruise at the IC and a dayroom post-cruise. The post-cruise dayroom is not included on our cruise as there is a 10:30am departure flight. We are taking the 11:59pm flight so we don't need to leave the ship at 7am!

I recall that the IC picked us and dropped us off at the supermarket namely Carrefours for 10$ each way. It was a convenient shopping trip for us to pick up drinks, snacks and breakfast foods.

I really like the IC compared to the Meridien. Stayed in both last September.

Look at Fare Suisse.

We are doing a one-night post cruise at Fare Suisse because of air connections (we're flying Air France). Besides the food trucks, what restaurants are within walking distance that you would recommend?

When we stayed at Fare Suisse it was also for the one. If hot and we ate at the food trucks. Not sure of other restaurants. The one block from the pension to the next road is really, really dark so bring a flashlight. After the one block there at many street lights. Nthe large supermarket is one block away.