Need your opinion on Korean Air and All Nippon

whoshwhosh

Once again I am in the process of planning a trip and I need input from you experts. I will be flying from Tampa to Singapore and have seen some good Business Class rates using United and Korean Air or United and All Nippon. Since I am unfamiliar with these carriers (Korean Air & All Nippon) what is your opinion regarding service and reliability. Is it worth saving $1000+ dollars or am I better off with American or Delta?

United and Korean Air are in different alliances (Korean Air is partners with Delta, United and Al Nippon are in the same alliance). Korean Air always ranks very high in the airline rankings (as do most asian carriers) I would go with them in Biz class any day of the week over ANY Us based carrier. Pretty much any Asian carrier is going to be a much better experience over the big pond than a us carrier. Cathy Pacific, Singapore Air, Korean Air etc etc.

Once again I am in the process of planning a trip and I need input from you experts. I will be flying from Tampa to Singapore and have seen some good Business Class rates using United and Korean Air or United and All Nippon. Since I am unfamiliar with these carriers (Korean Air & All Nippon) what is your opinion regarding service and reliability. Is it worth saving $1000+ dollars or am I better off with American or Delta?

Spent a fair amount of time researching Star Alliance business classes for a possible trip to Asia last year(which alas didn't work out). Everything I heard about ANA was very positive, excellent service & hard product. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to book them for your trip.

I'm guessing that you mean Asiana, rather than Korean. Asiana (which is a Korean company) is an excellent airline. The only negative is that quite a few of their long-haul planes still have angled (rather than fully flat) seats in business. If your flights are on planes equipped with the newer seats that go fully flat, I'd take them over ANA any day.

N.B. My information on Asiana could well be out of date. I urge you to check this out.

KE has both "slantboard" and "lie-flat" in business. Depends on the route and flight number, but you can find out which is which through the KE website.

Ditto the comment about KE and UA....unlikely that you would have tickets that combine the two, which Asiana and UA is not only likely, but is pretty regular.

ANA regularly gets top marks and has eclipsed JAL as the number one Japanese carrier.

Ditto the comment about KE and UA....unlikely that you would have tickets that combine the two, which Asiana and UA is not only likely, but is pretty regular.

I may be mistaken, but I vaguely recall seeing something recently where Korean was doing some codeshares or something with a non-alliance partner, and I want to say it was UA. Given the lack decrease in Sky Miles earning on Korean (or maybe it was MQM's, I forget) some were thinking it was more proof that Korean was testing the waters to switch alliances.

I may be mistaken, but I vaguely recall seeing something recently where Korean was doing some codeshares or something with a non-alliance partner, and I want to say it was UA. Given the lack decrease in Sky Miles earning on Korean (or maybe it was MQM's, I forget) some were thinking it was more proof that Korean was testing the waters to switch alliances.

Korean has started codesharing with American (Oneworld) on DFW-ICN and has recently announced a wide range of codeshares with Alaska Airlines through SEA, PDX and LAX. Evidently last year (?) Delta proposed a joint venture with Korean that stuck in KE's craw and reportedly things are now quite chilly between the two Skyteam partners. There's even talk of Korean being courted by Oneworld.

As Alaska's relations with Delta circle the drain, I could imagine a day when Korean uses its Seattle gateway in conjunction with Alaska to go head to head against Delta, which is also making SEA a focus city for transpacific business. If Alaska proceeds to divorce Delta, I could see AS also joining Oneworld, widely expanding Oneworld's presence in the lucrative Pacific Northwest - Asia market (lots and lots of premium pax) without hampering AA's focus on LAX as its feeder/gateway.

Korean has started codesharing with American (Oneworld) on DFW-ICN and has recently announced a wide range of codeshares with Alaska Airlines through SEA, PDX and LAX. Evidently last year (?) Delta proposed a joint venture with Korean that stuck in KE's craw and reportedly things are now quite chilly between the two Skyteam partners. There's even talk of Korean being courted by Oneworld.

As Alaska's relations with Delta circle the drain, I could imagine a day when Korean uses its Seattle gateway in conjunction with Alaska to go head to head against Delta, which is also making SEA a focus city for transpacific business. If Alaska proceeds to divorce Delta, I could see AS also joining Oneworld, widely expanding Oneworld's presence in the lucrative Pacific Northwest - Asia market (lots and lots of premium pax) without hampering AA's focus on LAX as its feeder/gateway.

Thank you, my bad. I knew Korean was courting/being courted by someone else, and incorrectly thought UA rather than AA.

Makes some big sense. SkyTeam and Star have hub presence at NRT, with DL drawing away from KE traffic through ICN. If KE moved to oneWorld, then it would provide the alternative "North Asian" hub vs NRT and give oneWorld a strong counter.