Packing cubes convert

soozles

Just throwing this in.

I am not the neatest when it comes to placing some items in my drawer at home and find myself digging and making more of a mess

I started using packing cubes in my drawers for "specialty lingere" such as strapless bra/slips/spanx type stuff I don't wear everyday, winter hats & gloves

has really made my drawer space more manageable

Here is what I picked up at Dillard's:

2 piece Specter Compression cube set (full and half cube). I have a set and love it. It compresses about a third. Great for knits and t-shirts. $13.30

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Pack-It-Specter-Compression/dp/B00F9T852C

Specter Medium Sac $5.25

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Specter-Medium/dp/B009IAW55Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454170765&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=specter+medium+sac

Undercover Stach $4.72

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Undercover-Stash/dp/B0054IH37G/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454170831&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=undercover+stash

Specter Half Cube $5.25

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Luggage-Specter-Packing/dp/B005SKJ5L2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454170996&sr=1-1&nodeID=9479199011&keywords=half+cube+specter&refinements=p_89%3AEagle+Creek

They also had this toiletry bag. I thought it was too small and I have a toiletry bag I like. Not sure of the price but it was under $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Specter-Toiletry/dp/B00EOF23CK/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1454171064&sr=1-1&nodeID=9479199011&keywords=specter+toiletry+bag

Shak

I've got that little toiletry bag. I use it when I have just a little bit to take with me, like a weekend, and I don't need my Specter Wallaby. Also, it would make a great electronics cable bag!!

I'm liking the Specter series vs my others because of it's "shapelessness." With no rigid sides or bottoms, I can finagle those bags anywhere. If I don't fill one full, the extra "space" is easily scrunched away.

I've got that little toiletry bag. I use it when I have just a little bit to take with me, like a weekend, and I don't need my Specter Wallaby. Also, it would make a great electronics cable bag!!

I'm liking the Specter series vs my others because of it's "shapelessness." With no rigid sides or bottoms, I can finagle those bags anywhere. If I don't fill one full, the extra "space" is easily scrunched away.

As the name implies "Quick Trip" Toiletry Bag it is smaller than my needs for a cruise. Keeping electronic in it is interesting but I find the Quarter Cubes perfect for that. I also keep any medicine in them as well. The Quarter Cubes also fit nicely in my personal bag so I use them to organize that bag as well.

Shak

I'm still having trouble with wrapping my head around the concept, and wonder if it depends on the types of clothing you choose to bring? For example, I wear a dress at dinner each night. I wouldn't put those in a bag, I don't think. With my shirts, I try hard to pack them in a way that they don't wrinkle, and I think the cubes would "squish" them more? I also tend to unpack and hang as much on hangers as I can, and the rest I unfold as much as I can to avoid wrinkles. So I don't think I'd leave them in a bag. I guess it could be handy for undergarments.

I have a set of three small nesting packing cubes (easy storage when not in use) that I think will work very nice in my tote bag that I use on the plane. I don't usually carry a regular purse. I could store chargers for my electronics, even things that I want to keep together such as Kleenex and plane snacks.

I tried using them for toiletries and the like, but they took up more space than my current cosmetic bag did. Then again, my cosmetic bag is styled somewhat like a packing cube. You un zip it and it there are two zippered sides, plus a zippered section on the outside of it.

I like the idea of using them in a gym bag. It sure beats spending who knows how long to look for hand sanitizer of Kleenex!

I'm still having trouble with wrapping my head around the concept, and wonder if it depends on the types of clothing you choose to bring? For example, I wear a dress at dinner each night. I wouldn't put those in a bag, I don't think. With my shirts, I try hard to pack them in a way that they don't wrinkle, and I think the cubes would "squish" them more? I also tend to unpack and hang as much on hangers as I can, and the rest I unfold as much as I can to avoid wrinkles. So I don't think I'd leave them in a bag. I guess it could be handy for undergarments.

I have a set of three small nesting packing cubes (easy storage when not in use) that I think will work very nice in my tote bag that I use on the plane. I don't usually carry a regular purse. I could store chargers for my electronics, even things that I want to keep together such as Kleenex and plane snacks.

I tried using them for toiletries and the like, but they took up more space than my current cosmetic bag did. Then again, my cosmetic bag is styled somewhat like a packing cube. You un zip it and it there are two zippered sides, plus a zippered section on the outside of it.

I like the idea of using them in a gym bag. It sure beats spending who knows how long to look for hand sanitizer of Kleenex!

While this thread is about packing cubes there are also packing folders too. Some clothing are better suited for folders while others pack better in cubes. This video may help you with the difference.

Shak

I used some for the first time this trip (also the first time doing carry-on only, so proud of myself) and loved them. I used a backpack which fully unzips like a regular bag and the cubes were awesome to make sure stuff didn't all settle to the bottom and weight stayed evenly distributed. Backpack is 19" x 13.75" x 9" and an ebags large packing cube fit perfectly along the entire length and 2 mediums would be able to be put on top of that, bringing the main body of the bag up to comfortably full. I actually put shoes and toiletries/jewelry in place of the second medium. Still had plenty of room to put stuff in outside pockets and the pocket on the top inside of the bag.

Got two skirts, maxi dress, button down shirt, two 3/4 sleeve cotton shirts, 1 wrap-style top, 1 cardigan, 1 pair of sweatpants and 2 mens XL shirts (pjs), 1 blanket and a flat iron in a large, and it wasn't even close to stuffed. All lingerie, tanks, and bathing suits fit into a medium. Loved it, will never pack any other way.

I have one set of packing cubes in 3 sizes. I am seriously thinking of packing only one carry on suitcase and larger tote for our upcoming cruise. I am planning to do a practice packing run through this coming weekend to see if I can do it or not. I don't know how much I will be able to cram in them, but we shall see, lol!!:)

I have one set of packing cubes in 3 sizes. I am seriously thinking of packing only one carry on suitcase and larger tote for our upcoming cruise. I am planning to do a practice packing run through this coming weekend to see if I can do it or not. I don't know how much I will be able to cram in them, but we shall see, lol!!:)

I am planning on using two carry on suitcases this cruise for me. I have a 21 inch carry on and I did a trial pack. I was so surprised to see that I could fit all most all of my stuff in it. The reason why I choose to use a second wheeled carry on is that I don't want to have to carry a second bag (back issues). I will only have these two bag and no hand bag, that will be put into the carry on when I park the car. The reason why I am doing carry on only is that last cruise I all most lost one bag when a bus driver at the pier took my bag and was putting into a tour bus after I gave it to the porter. I saw what was happening and stopped it.

I am using one folder for our tops. My DH will also have two carry on. His tux and every thing fits in.

• 2 weeks later...