Maya Chan - Taco Palapa?

sclipere23

Hi

Has anyone gone to Maya Chan and had the Taco Palapa reserved? It's by the tree house. Wondering if there is sun in this location and if it's still a good spot even though it is not located directly on the beach.

We just booked and this is all that is available.

Thanks.

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We just did Maya Chan last week. The cabana's near the tree house did not seem to have much sun. They are recessed back away from the beach and semi isolated.

The massage tables are next to the tree house. We were having some drinks and fun and realized we might be making a little too much noise for the customers getting a massage.

I'll check my videos and see if I captured that area. I know I have video of me climbing the steps up to the tree house.

• 5 months later...

Have you gone on Maya Chan's website to see pictures of the resort? There ia a good shot of the tree house palapa and with the roof as is, I do not see you getting sun up there but there must be some beach area where you could sun.

As mentioned, it is further back and not on the shoreline.

Most guests spend alot of time in the water either on their floating chairs or paddle boats and you get all the sun anyone could ask for.

Here is the link to the picture Gallery on the Maya Chan's site http://costamayabeachresort.com/photo-gallery/.

Have you gone on Maya Chan's website to see pictures of the resort? There ia a good shot of the tree house palapa and with the roof as is, I do not see you getting sun up there but there must be some beach area where you could sun.

As mentioned, it is further back and not on the shoreline.

Most guests spend alot of time in the water either on their floating chairs or paddle boats and you get all the sun anyone could ask for.

Here is the link to the picture Gallery on the Maya Chan's site http://costamayabeachresort.com/photo-gallery/.

Yes, I have already looked at their website. The Taco Palapa is not the same enclosure as the Tree House. They are two different structures which is why I wanted to know specifically about the Taco Palapa. Since my post, I have contacted the resort and they sent me pictures.

Yes, I have already looked at their website. The Taco Palapa is not the same enclosure as the Tree House. They are two different structures which is why I wanted to know specifically about the Taco Palapa. Since my post, I have contacted the resort and they sent me pictures.

What were your thoughts and decision after viewing the photos?

What were your thoughts and decision after viewing the photos?

We booked it. The person from Maya Chan said that they could move us up closer if there is a cancellation. We will be spending a great deal of time in the water or near the water playing in the sand with the girls. Even if we are not moved closer to the water line, we might enjoy the reprieve from the sun in the palapa. You have an obstructed view of the water from the palapa. We decided to take a chance on the palapa as we wanted to try out all that Maya Chan has to offer.

We booked it. The person from Maya Chan said that they could move us up closer if there is a cancellation. We will be spending a great deal of time in the water or near the water playing in the sand with the girls. Even if we are not moved closer to the water line, we might enjoy the reprieve from the sun in the palapa. You have an obstructed view of the water from the palapa. We decided to take a chance on the palapa as we wanted to try out all that Maya Chan has to offer.

We went a few years ago and had a unit with a half-wall - is that what you mean by obstructed view? I wasn't aware the palapa had names.

No, by obstructed view I meant view of the beach. The picture of the Taco Palapa sent to me shows a half wall, 4 chairs and a bed of some sort. The view of the beach shows, from left to right, another palapa, a path to the beach and another hut type structure. The beach is in the background. The palapa seems farther away from the beach, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us.

I don't think the other palapas have names. The tree house is the tree house, however.