Walk from Phillipsburg to pier?

MrSchwump

It's about a 15 minute walk...Pretty much a straight shot. Theres also a water taxi that takes you from the beach/boardwalk on Front street across Great Bay to the pier. I think it's $4 to ride back and forth all day.

$7 all day for the water taxi

I can't remember exactly how long it was and there was some construction going on a few years ago, but it's a dang site farther than you want to walk toting 2 12 packs of soft drinks to the ship along with your other stuff! We couldn't find a place to buy any in town, then someone said the grocery was on the walk back if we chose to. Would've been no problem without the extra baggage. Wife wasn't happy with me. Maybe 15-20 min empty?

Easily doable. Walking 10 minutes or so. By $7 round trip or $5 one way you can take the water taxi. The boardwalk is really fun. Plus, the bay area a is charming.

And halfway between the water taxi pier and the turn that heads you up to the port, there's a great gelato place if you need a break. But yes the walk is easy. And if you need a taxi there are hagglers with "Taxi to Anywhere" signs all along the boardwalk.

• 3 weeks later...