How early can you get on the ship at the beginning of the cruise?

soggy1975

As the topic says...

(Ncl epic western med from Barcelona..advertised embarkation time 6pm)

You may also want to ask this in the dedicated NCL forum, where you will likely reach more folks with direct experience:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Edited by clarea

Last year I booked a car service to pick me up at 9:15 AM thinking I would get to the port by 11 AM.

However,the driver came to my house at 8AM .Apparently he had the wrong info and I had mo choice ,I had to leave then.I arrived at the port 9:30 and had to wait till 11:45 to board.

I'd also suggest finding out what time your rooms will be available. Your mileage may vary. On my first cruise we were aboard the ship at 1pm but our room wasn't ready until 2pm so we had to lug all of our stuff everywhere. That was on RC Serenade of the Seas.

My second cruise I took with my parents - they were on the ship and in their room by 11:30 - I thought that was miraculous. Though truth be told my dad is handicapped so that might have helped.

FWIW I think you're asking a good question. Getting on the ship earlier is just more vacation time, it's as simple as that.

P.S. My third cruise my flight to Fort Lauderdale was delayed. I landed about 40 minutes before departure, was in a taxi about 25 minutes before departure, in line 10 minutes before departure and on the ship 1 minute before departure. The LAST thing you need on a vacation is STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So get there early and relax :).

We just boarded the jade in Tampa. We arrived at the port around 10:40, no lines, were checked in slightly before 11 and on board by 11:15. We had one prior Norwegian cruise so qualified for a 'latitudes' number. But still have easily sat around an hour waiting to board.

We have to fly to ports and always get in at least a day early. So really, on the last day there's nothing to do but check out of your hotel and try to get on the ship early so that's what we do.

Boarding starts around 11. You'll have access to your cabin around 1:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you check in your bags early then wander back into the city?

We might check out of our hotel after breakfast, head to the ship with our bags and is we can check them in or store them head to the beach for the morning

Yes. Once you are able to check in with your luggage and board you can leave the ship and do as you wish as long as you return and are back on board by the latest time noted by the ship. On the original departure day, this typically is 90 minutes before departure, but this can vary by cruise line and ship so check with your ship when you first board to be sure.

Edited by leaveitallbehind