Haven deck 17 on Epic - noise concern

turtle tavern

I am looking to book on deck 17 but am concerned about noise from deck 18 above. I like to book a deck with only rooms above me but deck 16 isn't showing any availability. I know there are a lot of loungers above 17 on 18. I am looking at 2 bedroom if that helps. Any feedback from someone who has stayed on 17 would be appreciated.

We have sailed this ship several times but I am finally pulling the trigger on the haven so I want to get it right.

Also there are only two of us but I was booking the 2 bedroom as out is actually less money than the penthouse. Does anyone think this is a bad decision? Which do you prefer? They are only a few hundred different but I thought I would be getting more space with two bedroom.

Thanks!!

We always stay in a 2-bedroom on the new ships. The first time, we stayed by ourselves. We liked having a second bathroom available and we were able to use the second bedroom as a huge closet. ;p Plus, it is nice to have a separate living room and bedroom if someone wants to nap or if you are on different sleep schedules.

On the Epic, we stayed twice in Cabin 17010. Of the two times we stayed there, we heard loungers above us moving above us maybe two or three times -- and never enough to bother us. If we would sail on the Epic again, we would choose the same cabin.

I liked being on 17 because you didn't have to wait for the automatic doors to open for you when you wanted to enter the hallways from the Haven. There was also less traffic in the hallways. My husband liked this cabin because it was right across from the Haven gym and spa treatment rooms.

The Haven on the Epic is my favorite Haven (I've been on the Epic, Escape and Getaway).

Not on the Epic, but I've been in both DOS on the Breakaway on 16 (I guess design was equivalent to 17 on Epic?). On the starboard side we were right below the Haven sun deck and I never heard a peep for the whole week (maybe because I think that section of the Haven sundeck is smoking?).

For our March cruise we were in the port DOS, which is below a public sundeck and it was an entirely different experience. Chairs being moved all hours and pitter patter of childrens' feet running back and forth all day.

By no means did it ruin our trip, but we definitely knew we were in a ship with others on the port side. For our trip to Bermuda next month we had a choice of either DOS ... I'm sure you can guess which one I booked ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am looking to book on deck 17 but am concerned about noise from deck 18 above. I like to book a deck with only rooms above me but deck 16 isn't showing any availability. I know there are a lot of loungers above 17 on 18. I am looking at 2 bedroom if that helps. Any feedback from someone who has stayed on 17 would be appreciated.

We have sailed this ship several times but I am finally pulling the trigger on the haven so I want to get it right.

Also there are only two of us but I was booking the 2 bedroom as out is actually less money than the penthouse. Does anyone think this is a bad decision? Which do you prefer? They are only a few hundred different but I thought I would be getting more space with two bedroom.

Thanks!!

Call NCL and ask about any staterooms on 16. I looked online and saw there weren't any available, but when I talked to NCL there were a number on 16. I read the same reply's about deck chair noise and the like, so I changed to 16. We're in 16014 on the Epic. Two cabins down from the bar!!! First time in Haven, so getting very excited. My wife doesn't know yet, so I'm hoping I can keep it a surprise.

Thank you guys so much for the feedback. I will call about deck 16 and if not available I will book on the side that has Posh as I know there isn't as much movement of chairs in that area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

wait is posh 18 or 19 on Epic.... I cannot keep my ships straight lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We were in 17003, a forward facing 2 BR on the Epic. There were a few times that we could hear loungers being dragged around, but nothing that bothered us. We last sailed on the Epic's repositioning cruise from Southampton to Barcelona after her dry dock. The ship was all new and beautiful.

Last February my family sailed on Epic in 17019 and 17021. We had some deck chair noise mid day. But nothing in the evening or overnight. We are sailing on Epic again in October and decided to be on deck 16 this time. The reason being that we were going up and down the stairs a lot between 16 and 17 to the Haven restaurant and bar. A little too much for my aging knees.