Celebrity Infinity docks in Sitka, Alaska?

Click.Write.Post.

For those of you who have been to Sitka on Celebrity Infinity or another Celebrity ship, how do you get from the dock to downtown? Does Celebrity provide a shuttle or is it an easy walk? We've been there before with another cruise line and we were tendered so this will be a new experience.

Actually a dock for cruise ships was built in Sitka several years ago. I don't know if all ships calling there use it, but we were on the Century in September 2013 and the Century did use it. It is located several miles north of downtown Sitka. There are no visitor attractions near and Celebrity provided a no additional fee shuttle from the dock to downtown Sitka.

For those of you who have been to Sitka on Celebrity Infinity or another Celebrity ship, how do you get from the dock to downtown? Does Celebrity provide a shuttle or is it an easy walk? We've been there before with another cruise line and we were tendered so this will be a new experience.
The dock is about 5 miles north of town, not what most would consider an "easy" walk.

I expect that Celebrity will provide a shuttle to town for the Infinity, as they did for the Millennium.

I stand corrected.

Been there three times in the last 5 years. Not one has used the dock, all have tendered.

Is Celebrity actually using the dock now?

Tendering was very convenient to downtown. The dock is in the middle of nowhere at Halibut Point. Not even visible from the town or the normal ships anchor location. As others have indicated it is 5 miles from downtown and a shuttle of some kind will be needed.

Sitka was one of my favorite ports in Alaska, very convenient to tender in right to down town with most things in walking distance, including the Historical Park and the raptor center. No need for the excursions. Maybe that influenced the decision to pay more and use the dock.

Edited by RDC1

We docked with Millennium in May and Celebrity provided a free shuttle bus. Most people went on ship's tours however.

The two other times I have been to Sitka, I have done a ship sponsored tour; however, this time we booked a private tour for whale and wildlife watching. Instead of a larger vessel holding 50-125 people, we will be on a boat with 4 other people and the captain. We hope to see puffins, but not sure if it is the right time of year. Wish us luck! :)

The two other times I have been to Sitka, I have done a ship sponsored tour; however, this time we booked a private tour for whale and wildlife watching. Instead of a larger vessel holding 50-125 people, we will be on a boat with 4 other people and the captain. We hope to see puffins, but not sure if it is the right time of year. Wish us luck! :)

Good luck- we saw lots of puffins in May with Gallant Adventures.

Infinity docked rather than tendered and there was a complimentary shuttle into town.