Need help Pls Buying new camera

CaroleLee

Need suggestions for a $500.00 or Less digital compact camera. Have a 1st gen Cannon Sureshot(which is fine ) but the viewfinder is so tiny that I really can't see through it. Would like easy to use, easy to download ,small (handbag size) camera. Basically I need auto everything (setting, redeye, flash) with good zoom & a large viewfinder/screen. Do not need fancy. Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Many thanks

Carole

About a month ago I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC XS50. It has an Electronic Viewfinder and a nice size screen too. Great zoom. Cable that goes from camera side where the battery is to wall charger (all included in box) so you need to remember to charge it because you can't just go buy AA's to replace the batteries.

I looked at the 200 but just didn't want to go to the bridge-size. The 50 is slightly larger than my usual little Canon but not much larger, still purse size or large pocket size.

I had several Canons for many years but this is my first Panasonic. So far so good. The dials are very similar.

It was $300 at a local camera store. There is a 60 that just came out too but I don't know the difference. The 60 and the 40 are more costly and the 50 does what I want.

Happy Shopping!

Melissa

What Gut2407 said. There are so many really nice cameras in the price range now you really go to a store and look at them, handle them, see what feel right in your hands etc. Sony, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic even Olympus and Fuji all make nice products in this range.

I bought the Sony HX90V for a pocket camera. Has a great range from 24-720mm. You can check it out at Best Buy and here for a kit to complete the buy.

For me It's a great pictures and easy to use pocket camera

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-HX90V-DSC-HX90-protectors/dp/B00W87HH8Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1457950851&sr=8-5&keywords=sony+dsc-hx90v

Tom :cool:

About a month ago I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC XS50. It has an Electronic Viewfinder and a nice size screen too. Great zoom. Cable that goes from camera side where the battery is to wall charger (all included in box) so you need to remember to charge it because you can't just go buy AA's to replace the batteries.

Happy Shopping!

Melissa

I bought my wife the ZS40 (last year's model) and she loves it. Easy to use, small enough for her purse, (or my pant's cargo pocket!) and she loves the 30X zoom feature. Currently on sale at Costco! We bought an extra battery and regular charger at Batteries Plus.

The ZS50 is the newer model with a couple extra features.

What is good for someone else may not suit you.

How do you intend to use the camera?

What will you be shooting?

What is your expectation of quality?

If you want Auto everything and a good size screen then maybe using the camera in your phone will satisfy most of your requirements. Some phones do have quite good inbuilt cameras now and it's one less thing to carry.