diet beverages

sunsetme

Dont drink either so dont know. If you want lemonade I am sure they will squeeze some for you.

I remember once reading that they dont know how to make iced tea but that may have changed.

Keep in mind that you can request something if its not on the menu and they will try and make it for you.

They definitely have both iced tea and lemonade - at least they did when I went. My drink of choice at the pool is what's known as an Arnold Palmer - half iced-tea and half lemonade. After I asked for it the first time, I couldn't sit down at the pool without them bringing me one! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the 7 day, dep 21/4/12 cruise (our 1st ever cruise). Diet CC (and Bud Light) in the fridge. I can't stand Diet CC and thanks to this very helpful forum I thought I would test the many suggestions that PG staff go above and beyond. Before departure I asked our "stewardess" (quoting PG's term), the very helpful Mariethel, if the Diet CC could be replaced by CC Zero. She said she would try and prior to departure it had been done. Interestingly, for the rest of the cruise, I couldn't obtain it from any of the restaurants or bars; they all said they only had Diet CC. I had to go back to our cabin to obtain it, with Mariethel replensihing whatever I consumed. It was as if we had our own stash! I wondered if someone from PG had dashed off the ship to get a carton just before departure?!

That is exactly what they did - and they have done this before.

Under Regent days we would special order the Coke Zero and others would special order the Dr Pepper in advance.

Now you understand why PG remains number 1 for me!

• 1 month later...

Put the request through your TA in advance.

When you get on board ask your stewardess if she can get it for you. They will likely dash off somewhere and get it for you.

If it doesn work out - at least you tried.

My gosh it's hard to imagine them being that wonderful and not working for tips...Emdee I will certainly be taking your advice about gifts. I will start making my gift collection here in Maine, we have so many nice things that travel easily...I will make sure I have some way to thank these folks! Running out for a case of special soda is just above and beyond!:D

Family,

When it was under Regent there was no open bar but each cabin got 2 bottles of liquor. If you asked for something and it was forgotten and not brought on board by Regent they would actually run out and get it for you.

I always put in my request for fried breadfruit on the first night. Ivan the maitre at La Veranda just looks and me and asks me about it. They usually bring it on board for me in Bora Bora and I enjoy it a couple of times.

Mark Eddowes has a tale to tell about those darn breadfruit.

• 2 weeks later...
My gosh it's hard to imagine them being that wonderful and not working for tips...Emdee I will certainly be taking your advice about gifts. I will start making my gift collection here in Maine, we have so many nice things that travel easily...I will make sure I have some way to thank these folks! Running out for a case of special soda is just above and beyond!:D

The cruise fare already includes tips!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok I'm back and can confirm (if anyone is still wondering!) that there was always Canada Dry Club Soda, San Pelligrino sparkling water, diet coke (with caffeine, saw without caffeine once in the Grill, but thinking that might have been a fluke as never saw it again), and Sprite Zero on offer. Not sure about anything else as the above mentioned are all I ordered. The sodas were cans, not from a fountain machine.

Archived