First Timeer question

Shanterpia

Hello,

My wife and I will be leaving on our first cruise at the end of May and this site has been a wonderful source of information and help. My wife did have one concern or question however. She wanted to know what everyone does with their bags or items while on excursions or on a boat to go snorkeling or something. Do you just not bring anything or do you lock them somehow? Any advice is appreciated.

Bring as little as possible. And leaving your passports in your cabin safe is advised.

But you can normally leave stuff safely on a catamaran, or on a tour bus unless its a simple transfer to the beach.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

leave them in the cabin safe...you will need photo id to get back on the ship but a drivers licence will do

if you want you can also carry a photocopy of the picture page of your passport.

I also email myself a scan of the picture pages of my passport. this would speed up the process of getting a replacement passport should I lose it or its stolen

If you're on an excursion, you can leave stuff in the boat or bus. Do not bring anything of value.

Your DL, credit card, ship's key, and even, cash CAN get wet! Stick them in hubby's velcroed swim trunk pocket, if you want to keep them on you.

As was said, don't bring a lot of "valuable" things with you unless you are willing to sit by it.

Most tours whether boat or bus would be somewhat secure in that the only people getting on and off the vehicle were part of the tour. A lot of private locations may have lockers available.

So the only really important things you would need to carry on your person should be some money, maybe a credit card, your ship cabin card, and a picture ID card.

Now if you were going to the beach and were going to go swimming, what I use is a is a small waterproof pouch that goes around your neck or on your wrist. With my waterproof camera I am ready for snorkeling. Everything else that you may be carrying might be a nuisance if stolen, but not a tragedy.

That being said I have never had anything stolen after many years of travelling. While being cautious is sensible I don't expect the worse.

Have a great trip

Hello,

My wife and I will be leaving on our first cruise at the end of May and this site has been a wonderful source of information and help. My wife did have one concern or question however. She wanted to know what everyone does with their bags or items while on excursions or on a boat to go snorkeling or something. Do you just not bring anything or do you lock them somehow? Any advice is appreciated.

This is the list of what to take off the ship for an excursion:

Sun screen

Towel (if water based excursion)

Small amount of cash

Ship card

One CC

Photo ID - not passport.

Camera

Leave everything else on the ship.