Dawn Dining Room

rhinomike

On the Dawn.... Which of the two dining rooms is less formal? We like to dress more casual for dinner and like the more casual dining room.

I think it is Aqua but wanted to confirm. Thank you.

Edited by rhinomike

On the Dawn.... Which of the two dining rooms is less formal? We like to dress more casual for dinner and like the more casual dining room.

I think it is Aqua but wanted to confirm. Thank you.

Yes, Aqua is more casual.

Related question that I'm not sure on. Are the menus in the more casual and more formal dining rooms pretty much the same, or are they different?

Very much the same with only slight differences. And if I'm not mistaken, it's almost always the aft MDR that is open on embarkation day for lunch from noon until around 2, I think. Dress code is more casual on that day as well.

Related question that I'm not sure on. Are the menus in the more casual and more formal dining rooms pretty much the same, or are they different?

I think that they are basically the same. One side of the menu does not change during the cruise and the other side changes daily. There is a rotating schedule for both menus( Menu A, Menu B, etc).

I think that they are basically the same. One side of the menu does not change during the cruise and the other side changes daily. There is a rotating schedule for both menus( Menu A, Menu B, etc).

On new menus there are no different sides anymore, daily changing and always available dishes are mixed together now so there is only one set of starters, main courses, etc instead of two sets on old menus.

Very much the same with only slight differences. And if I'm not mistaken, it's almost always the aft MDR that is open on embarkation day for lunch from noon until around 2, I think. Dress code is more casual on that day as well.

I have a related question to your post. I had read some places that Cagney's is open for lunch on embarkation day. (One of those secrets about avoiding the buffet when first boarding) Are both a MDR and Cagney's open or just the MDR?

The mid ship dining room is less formal, but even the MDR at the back of the ship is OK to dine in while you are casually dressed. (Within the guidelines, of course.)

There are very subtle/slight changes in the menus between the 2. For example, everything may look the same except one might offer a different kind of steak than the other. Most of the time it is only one thing that is different.

I have a related question to your post. I had read some places that Cagney's is open for lunch on embarkation day. (One of those secrets about avoiding the buffet when first boarding) Are both a MDR and Cagney's open or just the MDR?

Cagneys is open for lunch for suite guests only.

Edited by pathubia

Well that would be me :D Thanks.

If you're in a suite, then yes, yes, yes - go to Cagney's on the first day for lunch, and every day if you wish, for both breakfast and lunch. We love Cagney's for B&L. If you're on a ship that has undergone a recent refurb, the suite guests have B&L in Moderno instead.

When we were on the Spirit a few months ago the midship mdr opened at 6. The rear mdr opened at 530.

Is this the same on the Dawn?

Anyone know why. Just curious.

Usually that is the case on all the ships. Don't know why.