New Beachside Margaritaville near Falmouth.

JP350Z

I was looking through FB in a group for Royalton White Sands Resort and saw pictures of what looks like a new "Day Beach" with Margaritaville umbrellas and a bar right in the sand. It was built just west of the Royalton per reports. Possibly brining people in via catamaran. Has anyone else heard of this. It's in Trewlany township 5 km from the port of Falmouth.

Good Call. I see the Margaritaville branded beach break with the catamaran sail listed on RCI'S excursion list. No reviews yet. You can choose snorkeling or a second stop at the Falmouth Margaritaville. Only 2 hours of beach time listed. Based on price I'm still leaning towards the day pass to Royalton White Sands for the most beach time and overall bang for your buck.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this in Grand Turk & had a blast--loved that we just walked right off the ship almost to their front door.

Guessing that won't be an option in Jamaica; have never cabbed in Jamaica. Always done ship excursions in Jamaica, mostly due to safety concerns.

Is it safe to just grab a cab? Is it walkable from Falmouth's port?

Did this in Grand Turk & had a blast--loved that we just walked right off the ship almost to their front door.

Guessing that won't be an option in Jamaica; have never cabbed in Jamaica. Always done ship excursions in Jamaica, mostly due to safety concerns.

Is it safe to just grab a cab? Is it walkable from Falmouth's port?

The Margarittaville is inside the Falmouth port. You can buy a day pass and cab to Royalton White Sands. The excursion we're talking about is through Royal Caribbean.

Interesting. I saw some new Margaritaville excursions on the RC site. One is a catamaran.

Good Call. I see the Margaritaville branded beach break with the catamaran sail listed on RCI'S excursion list. No reviews yet. You can choose snorkeling or a second stop at the Falmouth Margaritaville. Only 2 hours of beach time listed. Based on price I'm still leaning towards the day pass to Royalton White Sands for the most beach time and overall bang for your buck.

I wish there was more information out there on the Margaritaville Excursion. We are thinking about booking it in December while we're on the Grandeur. I guess since it is new there are no reviews or input about it. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Is it safe to just grab a cab from the port to Margaritaville?

Margaritaville is right at the port. No cab needed. You walk off your ship and it's right there. It's not as large as the one in Grand Turk, though. There is a smallish pool that you can use.

What the posters above are talking about sounds like a Beach Excursion sponsored by Margaritaville and/or Royal Caribbean.

Here's the description:

This breathtaking 2 part tour starts with an all inclusive 30 minute catamaran ride up the beautiful coastline where you'll have an hour & 15 minutes at the most beautiful white sand beach you've ever dreamt about...until now! Next stop? A full on party at Margaritaville. Poolside of course!

Here is another one:

Experience the only Margaritaville-branded tour in the Caribbean. This three-part party combines a catamaran cruise with snorkeling, time on a gorgeous beach and laidback, full-on fun at Margaritaville. Sail a catamaran along the stunning Jamaican coastline, stopping for a snorkeling adventure in the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Enjoy unlimited drinks as you head to a beautiful, white-sand beach for swimming in turquoise waters or basking in the sun. Hungry? Grill items like a Cheeseburger in Paradise, hot dogs and more are available for purchase.

The casual vibe continues on your catamaran ride back to Falmouth for a carefree time at Margaritaville. Enjoy the feel-good music, lounge poolside or swim up to the bar for a signature margarita — even unwind in a margarita-shaped hot tub. Mouthwatering jerk barbecue chicken, creamy key lime pie and other delicious fare is available for purchase. So is your very own personalized private-label rum.

I love that I can just go right there; Jamaica is the only place we feel the need to do an excursion for safety reasons.

The only thing is that we are beaching it at all the other ports...the question is are we going to buck up the $200 to go ziplining or just hit Margaritaville/pool again...(always fun!)

THANKS!

I love that I can just go right there; Jamaica is the only place we feel the need to do an excursion for safety reasons.

The only thing is that we are beaching it at all the other ports...the question is are we going to buck up the $200 to go ziplining or just hit Margaritaville/pool again...(always fun!)

THANKS!

Just so you know, the Margaritaville in Falmouth does NOT have a beach, and the pool is small. It is right there, though.

We are hitting the beach at our 3 other ports.

We sat at the Margaritaville pool at Grand Turk & had a blast--M'ville is always fun. (but was a bit miffed when our travelmates preferred to sit INSIDE at M'ville in Grand Cayman instead of hitting the beaches!!)

Big question is whether we spend $100 each to zipline in Jamaica, or go cheaper at M'ville.

THANKS!

RCI just put up a video about it. But......they don't show but 2 seconds of the beach. The couple walking on the beach with the small island just off the beach behind them, that is the Royalton White Sands beach area. The pictures of the M-Ville umbrellas and beach bar was posted on a closed facebook page for the Royalton White sands so I cant get it to post here. They are showing pictures of the Island Routes red dread cameraman which is the nicest on the whole island so this tour is a no brainer for me. If your on RCI I would do this for sure, I don't believe anyone else is offering it.

Edited by JP350Z

Saved picture from FB, hope this works. Picture was taken from a resort guest at the Royalton that walked down the beach to see what it looked like, she reports its only open as part of the RCI excursion. You can see the beach hut bar in the background.

207155282_M-VillebeachbreakfromFalmouth.jpg.34b565ed6c744eb5d2be66d8b7463e25.jpg

We are hitting the beach at our 3 other ports.

We sat at the Margaritaville pool at Grand Turk & had a blast--M'ville is always fun. (but was a bit miffed when our travelmates preferred to sit INSIDE at M'ville in Grand Cayman instead of hitting the beaches!!)

Big question is whether we spend $100 each to zipline in Jamaica, or go cheaper at M'ville.

THANKS!

I would do the Zip-line and get out and see a little of Jamaica, then stop back at MVille on your way before you have to re-board. You can easily do both I would think. Not sure what your port times are, or how long your zip adventure would be, but MVille would be a good place to have a drink or two before getting back onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be in Falmouth 12/31. DD wants to just head to Margaritaville and spend the day there. We've been to most of the Margaritaville's and this will be her first time drinking at one. In pictures we've seen, the pool looks larger/better than the ones in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman... true? What's the best thing to do, just head over and grab a couple of poolside loungers? She wants to tan and drink... less about being in the water.

we were in Jamacia in June. Had no idea of safety concerns, so we took a taxi to a "good beach' of the taxi drivers liking. WE LOVED IT. best beach, had lifeguards that actually paid attention, great drinks and food. will go there again. (just hope we remember the name)

We've been there twice and done our own thing both times. We never felt unsafe.