shuttle in San Francisco

Is there a shuttle from the airport to downtown San Francisco, and from downtown to the cruise ship terminal?

There are shared shuttles from the airport to downtown. Taxi would be easier in downtown. If your looking at hotels . Look in the Fisherman's wharf district . Cruise pier is about 20 minute walk from Fisherman's wharf.:)

Is there a shuttle from the airport to downtown San Francisco, and from downtown to the cruise ship terminal?

I guess it depends on what you are calling "downtown" San Francisco.

There are shuttles to any place you want to go in SF and cheap cabs and Uber once you are in The City.

You can take BART into the City from SFO too.

I guess it depends on what you are calling "downtown" San Francisco.

Take your pick ;)

You have the "Financial District" downtown; think Wall Street West.

There's the South of Market (SOMA), where all the new high rises are going up with their 60th floor multi-million dollar condos.

And there's the downtown shopping/theater district, Union Square.

And finally the up and coming, but a bit grungy still, Mid-Market area, where social media companies like Twitter are HQ'd.

Take your pick ;)

You have the "Financial District" downtown; think Wall Street West.

There's the South of Market (SOMA), where all the new high rises are going up with their 60th floor multi-million dollar condos.

And there's the downtown shopping/theater district, Union Square.

And finally the up and coming, but a bit grungy still, Mid-Market area, where social media companies like Twitter are HQ'd.

Which would be my point :)

No one refers to "downtown San Francisco" like they do "downtown San Jose" or "downtown LA".

My office is in the Financial District.

Your least expensive option from the airport to downtown SF is BART, which works well if you have don't have tons of luggage. Otherwise, as Keith has suggested, Super Shuttle is OK. Uber is OK as well. Cab is very reliable, but the most expensive option. From your hotel to the ship, it depends on where your hotel is located. Usually cab is best, or Uber.

We are in the fishermans wharf area. Does BART co e close by?

No. The closest BART station would be Embarcadero (last SF station before going under the Bay), about a long mile to FW. The BART station entrance will put you in front of the Hyatt Regency, from there you can take a taxi to your hotel.

You could take the F line trolley car, which is a block to the East, but it consists of vintage trolley cars and not very accessible with luggage.

You could also take our infamous MUNI buses, but that would require at least one transfer, also not very accessible with luggage. Then depending on your bus stop it could be a few blocks to your hotel.

As previously advised, Super Shuttle, Uber/Lyft, or taxi are probably your best options.

• 5 months later...
I know you said that a taxi would be the most expensive option but there will be 4 of us.

Would we be better with Super Shuttle over a taxi, price wise?

Diane: You did not specify where you are starting from and where you are going. This thread has questions about transportation from the airport to a hotel, and from a hotel to the cruise ship terminal. Super Shuttle operates to and from the airport only, as far as I know. I believe their fares are per person. Taxis can be taken almost anywhere. Not sure if you can fit 4 people and all of their luggage into one taxi; probably not. You would have to somehow order a large taxi such as a van.

Diane: You did not specify where you are starting from and where you are going. This thread has questions about transportation from the airport to a hotel, and from a hotel to the cruise ship terminal. Super Shuttle operates to and from the airport only, as far as I know. I believe their fares are per person. Taxis can be taken almost anywhere. Not sure if you can fit 4 people and all of their luggage into one taxi; probably not. You would have to somehow order a large taxi such as a van.

:D You are right. Left out a bit of information

Going from SFO to Pier 27

I guess I would also need to know if van taxis were available at the airport. I'm sure having to take two taxis would be more expensive than Super Shuttle

:D You are right. Left out a bit of information

Going from SFO to Pier 27

I guess I would also need to know if van taxis were available at the airport. I'm sure having to take two taxis would be more expensive than Super Shuttle

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I will tell you what I know.

I took a cab from SFO to my home in Oakland last night, and the fare was $90 including tip. To Pier 27 in SF, my estimate would be $45 including tip. There are no van taxis waiting on SFO. You just jump into the first one available. As how to order a van taxi from SFO, explore web sites. The Super Shuttle web site should give you the fare for the shuttle service from SFO to the Pier. My recommendation is that you take two cabs and not sweat this.

Your least expensive option from the airport to downtown SF is BART, which works well if you have don't have tons of luggage. Otherwise, as Keith has suggested, Super Shuttle is OK. Uber is OK as well. Cab is very reliable, but the most expensive option. From your hotel to the ship, it depends on where your hotel is located. Usually cab is best, or Uber.

You'll spend 4 to 5 times as much in Uber from the airport as you would on a shuttle; use Uber instead of cabs for short trips in town, but not for long hauls into/outside of the city.

Bart from airport.

Get off at Embarcadero.

Get on the F line streetcar or grab a cab if you have tons of luggage.

Cruise ship terminal is just down the embarcadero from the ferry building.