Late departure on disembarkation

cruisingaussies

Does anyone know if a late disembarkation is available on Journey? Specifically in Civitavecchia?

We have a late afternoon flight out of Rome and would prefer to be on the ship, rather than sitting at the airport!

Recently travelled on Celebrity Silhouette and they did offer this.

Thanks

Does anyone know if a late disembarkation is available on Journey? Specifically in Civitavecchia?

We have a late afternoon flight out of Rome and would prefer to be on the ship, rather than sitting at the airport!

Thanks

They do in some ports- think it has to do with the country. I am pretty sure they did this summer in Rome.

It is up to the ship personnel, and as ellbon says, it varies by port. But even if it is permitted, the allowable time is only until mid-day (I believe).

Many people choose to take a ship-organized tour that drops participants off at the airport in the afternoon. I did that in Singapore last November.

Others arrange a day room in a hotel where they can rest up. Talk to your TA and see if they have a suggestion for you.

It is up to the ship personnel, and as ellbon says, it varies by port. But even if it is permitted, the allowable time is only until mid-day (I believe).

Many people choose to take a ship-organized tour that drops participants off at the airport in the afternoon. I did that in Singapore last November.

Others arrange a day room in a hotel where they can rest up. Talk to your TA and see if they have a suggestion for you.

You can hang on the ship to around 2 or 3. You do get to eat th buffet. Guess you can sit at pool. Tours make you hit and you need to shower. Hotel dsy room works.did that once too.n

Just a few thoughts to add.

As this is a disembarkation at Rome you are going to need to get to the airport but the airport hotels are not the sort of places you would get a day room you would want to relax in. Day rooms work really well in the USA and in some Far East locations but in Europe hotels are less geared to them and airport hotels do not have much if any relaxing areas. Our travel agents know nothing about this sort of facility, I am not sure how you will fare in Australia so it is going most likely to be a case of work it out yourself.

I would look at using someone like Rome cabs and have them take you somewhere (? a countryside tour) to use up time en route to the airport.

I would not rely on late disembarkation this summer with all the security goings on in Europe. Late disembarkation does also impact on the terminal staff and they may not want to divert security to be around when your bags eventually come off the ship.

If they do offer late disembarkation as the ship sails again that evening I would expect lunchtime will be the latest you can stay on - in fact I have never seen it be offered beyond 1pm. I was on board on b2b when a cruiser who thought they knew better tried to stay on until 2.30. They were having to find them to get them off, so whatever time is "off time" is disembark time for you, do not push it later.

Edited by uktog

It's difficult to give a definitive answer as it depends upon the cruise and your final port . You might not find out whether late debarkation is available until you are onboard as there maybe things happening on debarkation day where they want guests off in a timely manner. If they offer it then latest time to leave depends upon the port. Athens was a very helpful 2.30pm in June. Venice was 12pm for the cruise after. They have their own rules in Venice! I'd expect Civitavecchia to be similar to Venice, but as I say it's hard to be sure until you board the ship. Ask the question at Guest Relations.

Phil

Just a few thoughts to add.

As this is a disembarkation at Rome you are going to need to get to the airport but the airport hotels are not the sort of places you would get a day room you would want to relax in. Day rooms work really well in the USA and in some Far East locations but in Europe hotels are less geared to them and airport hotels do not have much if any relaxing areas. Our travel agents know nothing about this sort of facility, I am not sure how you will fare in Australia so it is going most likely to be a case of work it out yourself.

I would look at using someone like Rome cabs and have them take you somewhere (? a countryside tour) to use up time en route to the airport.

I would not rely on late disembarkation this summer with all the security goings on in Europe. Late disembarkation does also impact on the terminal staff and they may not want to divert security to be around when your bags eventually come off the ship.

If they do offer late disembarkation as the ship sails again that evening I would expect lunchtime will be the latest you can stay on - in fact I have never seen it be offered beyond 1pm. I was on board on b2b when a cruiser who thought they knew better tried to stay on until 2.30. They were having to find them to get them off, so whatever time is "off time" is disembark time for you, do not push it later.

What happens when you are on a b2b uktog? Do they store your suitcases for you till your next cabin is ready ?? Thanks

What happens when you are on a b2b uktog? Do they store your suitcases for you till your next cabin is ready ?? Thanks

With back to back you generally have the day to do as you want, subject to port authorities agreeing you can go ashore (not usually an issue) and you have to attend the safety drill for the next cruise as usual. You are given your new cruise documentation at a meeting onboard just before the end of your first cruise. You will have to punch out your first card by a certain time and have a new photo done for your next one (all this takes less than a minute).

If you are changing room, you pack some of your items up and they will tell you when your new room is ready and help you move them. Anything on hangers stays on hangers they bring a rail round to help you do the move. The only delay you get is if the outgoing people do not go out of the room on time. They try and prioritise cleaning out your room first, though that went a bit wrong for us on Quest last time we had a room change for b2b so I would maybe make sure on that one if you are wanting to be ashore by a certain time to do sightseeing on a changeover day.

Thanks

We were able to stay on board until 2pm at the end of our cruise in June earlier this year.

We were aboard the Journey, and our cruise also finished in Civitavecchia.

We had to pay a small fee, $35 if I remember correctly.

Our flight was at 8.30pm, it was a long day!

With back to back you generally have the day to do as you want, subject to port authorities agreeing you can go ashore (not usually an issue) and you have to attend the safety drill for the next cruise as usual. You are given your new cruise documentation at a meeting onboard just before the end of your first cruise. You will have to punch out your first card by a certain time and have a new photo done for your next one (all this takes less than a minute).

If you are changing room, you pack some of your items up and they will tell you when your new room is ready and help you move them. Anything on hangers stays on hangers they bring a rail round to help you do the move. The only delay you get is if the outgoing people do not go out of the room on time. They try and prioritise cleaning out your room first, though that went a bit wrong for us on Quest last time we had a room change for b2b so I would maybe make sure on that one if you are wanting to be ashore by a certain time to do sightseeing on a changeover day.

Thank you so much uktog,now my husband can stop stressing .

• 2 years later...