No luggage storage at Port Evergaldes??

leesataxprep

Our flight home doesn't leave until 4:30 so I don't plan on getting to the airport until 2:30. Since this doesn't leave ALL DAY, I don't want to rent a car or get a day room. The Royal Caribbean excursions don't interest me and are WAY overpriced ($89 per person to go to Las Olas "at your leisure"). I also don't want to go straight to the airport after getting off the ship and have to spend all day there. In Hawaii we were able to leave our luggage at the port for a small fee so we could walk around Honolulu before our late afternoon flight. From what I understand, this is not available at Port Everglades. Any suggestions on what we can do with our luggage or things we can do while dragging our luggage with us?

Some cruise lines offer "Luggage Express" or Luggage valet" - usually about $20 per person and they transport your checked bags to the airport and check them in for your flight. You are free to explore Fort Lauderdale with only your carry on bags.

You could explore the option of a day room at a hotel - bags in the room and then hit the pool, grab lunch, drinks, etc.

Your other option is a $15+ cab to FLL and then pay to store your bags there (the airline will not let you check them in until 3-4 hours prior to departure). Then you can cab or bus to wherever you want for lunch, drinks, beach, people watching, etc.

Your other option is a $15+ cab to FLL and then pay to store your bags there (the airline will not let you check them in until 3-4 hours prior to departure). Then you can cab or bus to wherever you want for lunch, drinks, beach, people watching, etc.

If you go with this option, there is a Bags to Go luggage storage facility in each terminal (http://www.bagstogo.net). If you are disembarking on a weekend, you can catch the free Sun Trolley Airport Link to/from downtown Fort Lauderdale (http://www.suntrolley.com) and connect to the Beach Link ($1/ride or $3/day pass).

If you go with this option, there is a Bags to Go luggage storage facility in each terminal (http://www.bagstogo.net). If you are disembarking on a weekend, you can catch the free Sun Trolley Airport Link to/from downtown Fort Lauderdale (http://www.suntrolley.com) and connect to the Beach Link ($1/ride or $3/day pass).

I used Bags to go a couple years back. Was a great service. Walked off the ship with my bags and found the waiting "bagstogo" truck. Checked my bag with them. 5 Hours later I went to the airport. YOu have to go to the baggage claim area. You find the office for bagstogo. Give them your claim ticket and then proceed upstairs to the check in terminals and check your bags as normal.

I have also used the "luggage valet" service. Wish is also great. Can fill out the paperwork on the ship, pay the fee and they check your bag to your final destination. But just note, that not all airlines and all ports participate in this.

Thanks everyone - I just checked and Royal Caribbean does offer a Luggage Value for $20 per person which is perfect. Not only do I get to walk off the ship and add a few hours on to my vacation but I can proceed directly to security when I get to the airport! RCI even prints your boarding pass for you! So worth the $20 per person!

Do they have this bags to go for Orlando too? We have 13 people looking for transportation and something to do all day so we don't have to be at the airport. Thanks

The bagstogo website says it's in Ft. Lauderdale & Las Vegas only. Check your cruise line. RCI has luggage valet. NCL had storage at the port in Honolulu.