New Orleans Excursion

Brill

We have a late flight out of New Orleans. Has anyone done the ship's tour of New Orleans after their cruise? it is booked through NCL. I would guess that you take all your luggage on the bus, and it drops you off at the airport at the conclusion. Any info would be appreciated.

I copied this from NCL site so I would think this is the excursion you mean. We've done similar excursions on a couple of NCL cruises and that's exactly correct. They pick you up at the pier and drop you off at the airport.

Port: New Orleans, Louisiana

The New Orleans City Tour is a thorough and fascinating introduction to the endless variety of sights found in America's most European city. Board a deluxe motorcoach and sit back and enjoy your tour. You’ll pass the fringes of the French Quarter before heading down historic Esplanade Avenue where you’ll see the mansions of Creole merchants nestled among 100 year old oak trees. Visit Louis III Cemetery, often called "the city of the dead" because of its above ground tombs. Next, you’ll pass by the New Orleans Museum of Art, located at the end of a tree lined avenue, which is also the entrance to City Park. This neo-classical building was designed by Chicago architect, Samuel Marx.

You’ll continue through the old town of Carrollton to St. Charles Avenue following the streetcar route where you'll see Tulane and Loyola Universities, Audubon Park and beautifully restored mansions. This narrated tour also includes a glimpse of the spectacular Superdome. Time permitting you may pass by Lake Pontchartrain.

Note: This tour is only available for guests with flights after 3:00 pm. Guests are responsible for ensuring their debarkation tours are compatible with their flight departure times. Guests have the option to book their flights through our Premium Air Department to ensure that flight departure times do not interfere with debark tours

Enjoy your cruise,

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi, does anyone know if NCL still has excursions from New Orleans on Debarkation day?

It is too early for my cruise to show any excursions.

Does anyone who currently has a booking in the next few months see any Debarkation day excursions listed in their choices?

I am trying to learn if this is possible, so I can set my return flight times.

Thanks.

Not sure, of course, about your cruise, but this NCL excursion was available last April when we disembarked from the Dawn. As some of our group had a late flight and the others were staying post-cruise in NOLA, it worked out great for us---all our luggage went with us and we were dropped off right at the airport--the two staying on in the city were fortunate to be dropped off very close to their hotel.

We all agreed this excursion was a great way to extend our day in New Orleans and see interesting parts of the city and area.

We have a late flight out of New Orleans. Has anyone done the ship's tour of New Orleans after their cruise? it is booked through NCL. I would guess that you take all your luggage on the bus, and it drops you off at the airport at the conclusion. Any info would be appreciated.

We did it, about a year ago and while it was not spectacular, if you haven't been around NO it is interesting. Included a stop at a cemetery, and a beignet shop, plus a drive through parts of the city. We did not go through the French Quarter but did drive by Cafe du Monde. We also went through the lower 9th ward where all of the hurricane damage occurred.

Edited by zqvol

We did the disembarkation tour. It was o.k. nothing fancy. A city tour. Stop at one of the cemeteries. Then a coffee and beignet before heading to the airport. you load your luggage at the port and they drop you (and your luggage) at the airport. Good way to kill time.

c6a72d46f2f075dc7f725f290370c7e3.jpg

bafb7c9ec63ea90d80312db566ff6630.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

BirdTravels, zqvol and CRUZIN'NANA, thank you all for your prompt responses. This sounds like something we will do.

Do any of you remember:

1.The cost of the excursion?

2.The pick up and drop off times?

3.Do you get special "Excursion" luggage tags for the bags you put outside your door on the last night?

Thanks.