excursion question

tburdick

Thank you but what is a swim safe and where do i get one? I thought you "had to have" a passport with you to get back on the boat thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like this:http://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Safe-Waterproof-Badge-Holder/dp/B001P5ZZ6I/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1418066504&sr=1-3&keywords=waterproof+case

You can purchase them in most sporting goods stores, as well as in the gift shop on the ship.

I have only seen two locations where passports are required to get back on board, St Petersburg and Tunis, and I understand St Petersburg has loosened their requirements in the last year.

You usually need any special ID to get off the ship. However, as I mentioned before (and we have sailed all over the world), passports are rarely required- like only 1% of the time, to get off the ship.

You could help us by telling us where you are going to cruise. If it is the Caribbean, you don't even need a passport to go on a Caribbean, closed loop (roundtrip from the same US port) cruise. Just a birth certificate and driver's license, as discussed here quite regularly.

Edited by CruiserBruce

when you are on an excursion what do you do with your bag? I don't want to carry much but cash and passports maybe a camera the normal stuff so what do you do with your bag when your in the water?

You will be able to leave your bag on the boat while you are in the water. No worries. :)

You don't need a passport at all for any country in the Caribbean! Leave it on the ship.

Your cash, ship's key and credit card can get wet...water doesn't hurt them. Stick them in a velcroed pocket in men's swim trunks. You camera can be left on the boat or bus...whichever transport you're on.

Although, as I keep saying, if you are Canadian, it might be different. We were demanded to show our passports when trying to get back on the ship in San Juan Puerto Rico. All the Americans were waved through with only their ship cards.

I realize you are Americans talking to another American on this thread. But people from elsewhere read these boards too.

Great advice thank you all and I can't believe I didn't think of the waterproof lanyard myself (blonde moment ) I will stop at a sporting goods store and Get a couple. And no we are in Iowa but thank you for like you said anybody else who would read this.

Most Walmart retail stores sell those water safes and other airtight containers in their sporting goods section. I'm an avid kayaker and use different size containers, depending on where I'm kayaking and for the length of time.

God Bless,

Doc S

If you are just taking your ship card, a credit card and some cash you can also use a zip lock bag (double them) and put them in the pocket of your swim suit (mens) that has a zipper. Even if the zip lock fails it really does not matter, nothing will be damaged.

That would be great but i will have my phone also so maybe a separate case for that.