AARP Gift Cards....How Many can I buy?

bar1068

I bought 5 $100 gift cards yesterday. Looks like they are still available this morning, went to buy 5 more, site said I've already bought the max I can. Do they limit how many you can over a 24 hour period or something like that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what I'm thinking...I can't seem to find that stated on the AARP site, and it was less than 24 hours since I bought them yesterday....1 hour..48 minutes....18 seconds until 24 hours...hope they stick around till then!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just create a new account (don't even have to be a real email address) and buy more. :)

You have suggested this previously so I would think you do this.

My question, how will you know if something needs verification?

There have been a couple of time I have purchased and had to call them. I was told it is pretty standard that the first purchase must be verified. I purchase a minimum of $500 at a time and the last purchase was $2500. Maybe that is why I have to call. I have read if you only order $400 you don't have to sign.

In April I bought 4 $100s and then 3 $100s within 15 minutes of each other using the same card. I didn't have to verify anything. I got them about a week later. The cards were in one envelope per order.

Interesting...

I bought 5 $100 cards this morning, closed that session out, logged back in and attempted to buy one more, but I was locked out. The message given was, "You already reached the maximum purchase limit for this item.You can purchase only 5 item".

Garnett

You have suggested this previously so I would think you do this.

My question, how will you know if something needs verification?

There have been a couple of time I have purchased and had to call them. I was told it is pretty standard that the first purchase must be verified. I purchase a minimum of $500 at a time and the last purchase was $2500. Maybe that is why I have to call. I have read if you only order $400 you don't have to sign.

Yes, I've done this countless times. Whenever I need cards, I just create a dummy account with them and order them. You do not have to verify anything. The very first time I ever ordered, I did use legit information. Every other time I've ordered (probably 20+ times) I have used a fake email address to sign up for an account. kjh39847y9823hkjh@gmail.com works just perfectly. Never verified anything, never did any silly quizzes or read articles or anything to waste my time.

EVEN IF you had to verify, simply create a dummy email account, hekhq97987kjhjkh@gmail.com again and remember the password.

They don't email them, they send you physical cards.

Thanks, yeah, I am now aware that this was aarp gc thread. I actually went through Allstate to get mine but wasn't sure when they would be sent to me. Thanks for responding to me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they charge to send the AARP cards?If so,is it per card or per order?If you buy $500 card I understand you have to sign for it.What if you are not home?If I order can husband sign for them?

Do they charge to send the AARP cards?If so,is it per card or per order?If you buy $500 card I understand you have to sign for it.What if you are not home?If I order can husband sign for them?

Yes. It is $0.59 per card. The shipping charge isn't listed as per card. It shows one charge. This is what it broke down to on each of my orders.

Just create a new account (don't even have to be a real email address) and buy more. :)

They busted me for this somehow but they said they would leave my first account open and suspend the others. But I did get all the cards I purchased so no harm done.;) Since then I do the Allstate thing and they seem to always have them. I booked my wife a message in the spa earlier using a promo code someone on here had just posted and I went to Allstate's site and bought a $100 egift card to pay for it no problems at all. Saved $20 using the promo code and $10 using the discounted gift card so it basically brought the price down to what she pays here at home.:cool:

If you use the gift cards for a deposit or final payment and have to cancel cruise what happens.Do they send you the money or put it back on a new gift card?

My experience is they send you a consolidated gift card for the paid amount. For example, if I paid them with five $100 cards, they would send me a single $500 card.

Ganrett