Why Was My Early Saver Denied

hschlink

Last week I booked a cruise on the Magic leaving on April 9th 2017. When I checked the fair viewer website this AM the cost was $560 lower than what I paid last week so I filled out the price protection claim form. I received an email shortly after indicating they were unable to approve my price protection request as one or more of the requirements have not been met. Please be advised the rates available are more expensive than the rates on the booking.

I saved a PDF of the fair viewer site from this morning and double checked to make sure I had everything correct. I know that the fair viewer site shows total cabin amount cruise only so I made sure to check my confirmation from last week and look at the cruise rate only…and not the taxes, fees, and port expenses.

What the feck, am I doing something wrong?!?

Last week I booked a cruise on the Magic leaving on April 9th 2017. When I checked the fair viewer website this AM the cost was $560 lower than what I paid last week so I filled out the price protection claim form. I received an email shortly after indicating they were unable to approve my price protection request as one or more of the requirements have not been met. Please be advised the rates available are more expensive than the rates on the booking.

I saved a PDF of the fair viewer site from this morning and double checked to make sure I had everything correct. I know that the fair viewer site shows total cabin amount cruise only so I made sure to check my confirmation from last week and look at the cruise rate only…and not the taxes, fees, and port expenses.

I have had that happen in error before. You might try resubmitting it. You probably already have, but make absolutely sure you are comparing the exact same cabin category as well.

Also don't be afraid to call and ask an agent about it. Sometimes I've had them turned down by email, and then approved when I called. On the phone, you can explain what's going on and make sure they're seeing what you're seeing.

Did they give a telephone number to call? If so I would call that. Also are you sure of the date of your cruise? I see the Magic sailing on April 8, 2017, not the 9th. I am assuming a typing error. From the information you have given us there is no way to tell why is was denied. But $560 less is a big drop especially for a cruise 11 months away.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

Did they give a telephone number to call? If so I would call that. Also are you sure of the date of your cruise? I see the Magic sailing on April 8, 2017, not the 9th. I am assuming a typing error. From the information you have given us there is no way to tell why is was denied. But $560 less is a big drop especially for a cruise 11 months away.

Not only 11 months away, but that's leading into school spring breaks.

Doublecheck by doing a mock booking for same cruise/ship/dates, same Cabin Category and same #PAX, for all Fares that you're eligible for all the way thru until actually booking; after accounting for any OBC, cruisefare is less than you paid? Try to get a screen shot or printout. Ken

If after checking to make sure you think you are correct in the fare you are trying to match to, call the phone # listed on your rejection letter.

The last few times I've ever submitted price drops, I've always received the rejection letter. Once I've called the # listed on the letter I have received the price drop.

I swear they don't even bother to check but just press the rejection email letter thinking that most people will then just drop it.

When I see a lower price, I do a mock booking, then a courtesy 24 hour hold so I have a reservation number. Then, I call. The person on the phone can then look at my original booking and the mock booking, and if I dd something wrong, they can see it right off.

If you had used a TA, you could have him or her take care of the issue.

Instead you "had control". So how did that work out when Carnival turned down your request for a fare reduction you were entitled to?

If you had used a TA, you could have him or her take care of the issue.

Instead you "had control". So how did that work out when Carnival turned down your request for a fare reduction you were entitled to?

Ouch. You don't even know that they were entitled to the fare reduction. I have submitted a great number of price match forms. Most of the time it is approved with in a day or two. When I was denied I called and either it was taken care of or it was explained to me why I was not eligible. (explained to my satisfaction)

Like so many things a good TA or a PVP could have easily handled the issue.

I'm suspecting she did not price check to the exact category. That is a huge discount so far in advance of her chosen date which is a popular start of spring breaks. She likely checked on it and found it to be the case. If she didn't call, then shame on her. I would at least have someone check on it and get an answer instead of a generic e mail decline.

I'm suspecting she did not price check to the exact category. That is a huge discount so far in advance of her chosen date which is a popular start of spring breaks. She likely checked on it and found it to be the case. If she didn't call, then shame on her. I would at least have someone check on it and get an answer instead of a generic e mail decline.

I've had bigger price drops this far in advance. On our last cruise (4 people, balcony on Glory this past March) the price dropped by nearly $800 one week nearly 11 months before sailing.

Thank you all so much for your help. I always turn to cruise critic to help me when I'm feeling lost. After triple checking my less expensive rate that I found just a few days after my initial booking I was so focused on making sure I had the correct date and room category that I failed to notice that I chose the Carnival Miracle instead of the Magic!

What a stupid mistake and I was hoping that this post would sail off into oblivion...no such luck (and if I can remember correctly, I can't delete it). I don't want anyone thinking that I was ignoring your help. I just didn't want to admit to my mistake!

Also, besides the obvious error above, I really am a super bright person and can handle planning (I enjoy it) my vacations...but I thank springs741 for for her comments...not really...it was very unhelpful and a tad rude. I only hope that the next time you ask for some help you aren't met with the same useless comments :cool:

Holly