Post Cruise Half-Way House

medicalma'am

I have an idea for a new business - a post cruise half way house. My DH isn't interested in providing this for me but I need this desperately! I need it for the first week as I return to work. I need someone to cook three meals a day for me and present them to me, placing a napkin in my lap. I need my specialty coffee in the mornings. I need drinks brought to me at the end of my day. I need people taking pictures of my every move. I need a big banner in my bedroom with sea views on it to wake up to each morning. I need people around me smiling and wishing me a good day, asking me how yesterday was, and offering me a cheery "have a good evening" as I walk down the hallway. I need my bed turned down with a chocolate mint on my cute towel animal that sits atop it.

Then, day by day, one or two of these things can be removed so that I am assured a smooth transition to the 'regular' life that I must endure until my next cruise. Any volunteers? LOL

What are your suggestions for re-submerging into the daily routine once you have gotten home from your cruises?

Edited by medicalma'am

I have an idea for a new business - a post cruise half way house. My DH isn't interested in providing this for me but I need this desperately! I need it for the first week as I return to work. I need someone to cook three meals a day for me and present them to me' date=' placing a napkin in my lap. I need my specialty coffee in the mornings. I need drinks brought to me at the end of my day. I need people taking pictures of my every move. I need a big banner in my bedroom with sea views on it to wake up to each morning. I need people around me smiling and wishing me a good day, asking me how yesterday was, and offering me a cheery "have a good evening" as I walk down the hallway. I need my bed turned down with a chocolate mint on my cute towel animal that sits atop it.

Then, day by day, one or two of these things can be removed so that I am assured a smooth transition to the 'regular' life that I must endure until my next cruise. Any volunteers? LOL

What are your suggestions for re-submerging into the daily routine once you have gotten home from your cruises?

[/size']

Sign me up!

This is a great idea, are you listening Norwegian. Great idea for an add-on, for cruisers - book the cruise, 1 nite hotel stay prior to cruise, then.. a well trained crew member, well versed in all aspects of cruise-living, will be available for a day - 2 weeks depending on your level of post-cruise deprivation.

I think you have a winner... I'm in!! :p

My suggestion is to have another cruise ready to board no more than 6 months in advance so that you have a new cruise to plan and dream about. To make it through from Sept (our last cruise) to April (our next cruise I had to throw in quick weekends to Philly and New York:p It is the only way I can get up in the morning with my "post cruise blues." A new country song perhaps????:D

My suggestion is to have another cruise ready to board no more than 6 months in advance so that you have a new cruise to plan and dream about. To make it through from Sept (our last cruise) to April (our next cruise I had to throw in quick weekends to Philly and New York:p It is the only way I can get up in the morning with my "post cruise blues." A new country song perhaps????:D

You are so right... So to get over the POST CRUISE BLUES I booked a 9 day on the Gem on Jan 21st... But still got the POST CRUISE BLUES till then!!!!;);););)

I have an idea for a new business - a post cruise half way house. My DH isn't interested in providing this for me but I need this desperately! I need it for the first week as I return to work. I need someone to cook three meals a day for me and present them to me' date=' placing a napkin in my lap. I need my specialty coffee in the mornings. I need drinks brought to me at the end of my day. I need people taking pictures of my every move. I need a big banner in my bedroom with sea views on it to wake up to each morning. I need people around me smiling and wishing me a good day, asking me how yesterday was, and offering me a cheery "have a good evening" as I walk down the hallway. I need my bed turned down with a chocolate mint on my cute towel animal that sits atop it.

[/size']

Best idea i have ever heard!!!!

I think you might have something here.. Just got off the Gem on Saturday and going thouht the POST CRUISE BLUES!!!!!! I go LOOKING FOR FOOD EVERY 2 hours... I need help!!!!:confused::confused::):)

That is hilarious. I too still want to eat every 2hrs. I went to the store and bought some toll house cookies.. somehow its no fun eating them on your sofa:(. I rather eat them late at night in bed on the cruise ship.

I love your idea.

What I do, is stop off for coffee on way to work, have lunch in a local sandwich shop near work daily. That way I get served at least once a day.

Smile and greet co-workers with a cheery "Good Morning." Maybe they'll return the greeting.

I swim at a local pool twice weekly, so I get my pool fix in between cruises.

Look at "Back to Work," as a fill in time between cruises. It provides the ways and means to pay for them.

Lastly, book another one ASAP.

Cold Turkey is were I have been for 4 days. I have been dealing with 'people problems' at work that happened while I was gone.

My next cruise is the end of September, so I have been looking at the NCL website longingly wishing for a Jewel cruise out of Houston. LOL

And then there is CC!

The hardest thing is sitting at our kitchen table, with no waiter to take our order, and no cabin steward to straighten up and make our bed.

Gotta do it ourselves for a while until the next cruise, which we shall be planning soon.

Another half way treat we have is Cape Cod.

I got off the Dawn on October 17th and I have become so obsessed with Cruise Critic and dreaming/ scheming about planning our next cruise... I think it's driving my husband a bit nuts. :rolleyes:

I'll come home from work and say "you know what I read today" or "I was reading another thread on (whatever) and..."

I think Cold Turkey is the way to go. Not...ready...yet... :)

I have two words for you: Cold Turkey!

And am not referring to Thanksgiving leftovers.;)

I agree with you 110%! As unpleasant as it is I come home, make myself a can of chef boyardee Raviloi (serve it too myself) and then for dinner have either raisin bran or tuna.

The biggest adjustment for me is the sudden reduction in cusiine variety!

I got off the Dawn on October 17th and I have become so obsessed with Cruise Critic and dreaming/ scheming about planning our next cruise... I think it's driving my husband a bit nuts. :rolleyes:

I'll come home from work and say "you know what I read today" or "I was reading another thread on (whatever) and..."

I think Cold Turkey is the way to go. Not...ready...yet... :)

Perhaps a 12 step program is in order.;)