Australian Visa Cost

trbarton

It's AU$20.00 for an ETA - Electronic Travel Authorization.

Go to this Aussie government to get it (FAQ section is comprehensive)

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the answer. It is quick and easy to get on line. 20 AUD translates to around $15, per person. Discussed regularly on the Australia board, as it has nothing to do with Princess.

Thanks, all, for the updates on the cost. Thanks, too, for the link.

About a year ago, I was quite put out when I had to do this, but it turned out to be quite painless.

Interestingly enough, there was no mention of it on arrival in Sydney. No doubt it was checked somewhere along the line, but no mention or hassle at all.

I hope the OP enjoys the trip!

This is the answer. It is quick and easy to get on line. 20 AUD translates to around $15, per person. Discussed regularly on the Australia board, as it has nothing to do with Princess.

If cruising Princess to Australia how is this not Princess related?

If cruising Princess to Australia how is this not Princess related?

If my memory is correct, it's required for flying to Australia, but not to board a ship once you're in Australia. If you're sailing to Australia on Princess from another country, then it could be a Princess issue.

If my memory is correct, it's required for flying to Australia, but not to board a ship once you're in Australia. If you're sailing to Australia on Princess from another country, then it could be a Princess issue.

I never would have made it to the Princess pickup in Sydney, or the Princess hotel in Sydney, or the Sun Princess in Sydney, from the US, without the Visa.

Also, Princess told me initially that I would need the Visa. So, Big Picture, it is Princess related. No need to split hairs.

Additionally, the Sun Princess cruised elsewhere, and returned to Sydney. So, again, the Visa was needed, and again Princess related.

We got Australian visa's through our TA for no charge. It seemed that they were never checked, but we learned later that they show up on the computer's when you enter Australia. I'm not sure how our TA got the visa's, but I wouldn't pay for them!

Thanks' date=' all, for the updates on the cost. Thanks, too, for the link.

About a year ago, I was quite put out when I had to do this, but it turned out to be quite painless.

Interestingly enough, there was no mention of it on arrival in Sydney. No doubt it was checked somewhere along the line, but no mention or hassle at all.

[b']I hope the OP enjoys the trip![/b]

It's an electronic visa that is automatically attached to your passport number you provide & shows up on the entry agent's screen when they swipe your passport on entry whether if be at the airport or port facility from what I understand.

BTW, USA citizens are required to have an Australian visa upon entry (in this case a tourist visa) regardless of where you get it (e.g. Australian site, visa web sites, etc.)

If your TA wishes to cover the cost on his/her own than that's fine too (a $10 less commission per person isn't really any big deal).

Have a great time.

Bob:)

Thanks' date=' all, for the updates on the cost. Thanks, too, for the link.

I hope the OP enjoys the trip!

It was checked when you presented your passport to check in for your flight to Australia. They only would have mentioned it if it did not show up as associated with your passport.

Easy ETA @ $9.99 USD per person. I've used them twice before with no problems & will be using again this December.

https://easyeta.com/

Be well.

Bob:)

(we'll be taking our first Princess cruise (Dec.TA aboard the Pacific Princess, followed by a HAL WC: can't wait!)

Hi Bob, I've been trying to get on touch with you. There are about 5 couples from AZ that are meeting about the Grand Asia cruise. Can you please email me and I'll catch you up to speed?? Bettty45@gmail.com

Thank you. Beth Davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk