British Colonial Hilton day passes sold-out :(

needmycruise

The online day passes for the British Colonial Hilton are sold out for the date my upcoming cruise is stopping in Nassau. I have been there several times and love the convenience, food and ability to snorkel all day.

My dh and I are looking for something similar as far as the price, the ability to snorkel from the shore and see quite a bit of tropical fish, nice ambiance at the resort, safe area and good food that is not expensive or included in the price. I would be willing to spend up to $100 per person (food included) for a good quality experience.

I have looked at the Melia and the Riu. From what I can tell, the best bet is the Melia as far as the snorkeling part goes.

Does anyone have any input on one resort or the other, or would you recommend a different one altogether?

The online day passes for the British Colonial Hilton are sold out for the date my upcoming cruise is stopping in Nassau. I have been there several times and love the convenience, food and ability to snorkel all day.

My dh and I are looking for something similar as far as the price, the ability to snorkel from the shore and see quite a bit of tropical fish, nice ambiance at the resort, safe area and good food that is not expensive or included in the price. I would be willing to spend up to $100 per person (food included) for a good quality experience.

I have looked at the Melia and the Riu. From what I can tell, the best bet is the Melia as far as the snorkeling part goes.

Does anyone have any input on one resort or the other, or would you recommend a different one altogether?

I cant see from my mobile phone but when are you going? You could try Sandals; but it's $110. I just read another thread about it today.

We're trying to decide where to go ourselves. We'll be there on the 29th.

Walk down the street a bit and go to Junkanoo Beach. I've been to both, Junkanoo is free and just as nice.

Yes but with 5 ships in port, I imagine quite busy! I'm hoping that by paying to go to Melia, Breezes or Sandals, it will help with crowd control and increase our enjoyment. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

My friend and I are looking at the Melia too. We'll be there late September during a week day. Any chances the day passes will be sold out?

What website can I go to to see how many and which ships are in port at the same time we will be there?

Thank you in advance and Happy Cruising!

Tanya :cool:

Hello everyone,

My friend and I are looking at the Melia too. We'll be there late September during a week day. Any chances the day passes will be sold out?

What website can I go to to see how many and which ships are in port at the same time we will be there?

Thank you in advance and Happy Cruising!

Tanya :cool:

I like http://m.cruisett.com/p/

Was just in Nassau and stopped at BCH they are doing a lot of construction said their pool area is closed and they are shipping their hotel guests somewhere else for pool service.

Went to Junkanoo with 5 cruise ships in port that day was very busy but we got there around 8 and left about 1. Was a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
How long is the construction at BCH supposed to last? We are supposed to be there in 3 weeks. I bought day passes already ( months ago).. hope it is done soon! If the pool is closed I think I will see if I can cancel and get refund.

Did you find out how long the pool we'll be closed?

I sent an email to Island Marketing (I got passes through them). They said pool was closed from Aug 31 - Sep 19 and would be open when we were there.

That's good news! :) When you return will you please let us know how you enjoyed your day at BCH? We will be there in Dec.

Thanks!

:D