Alternate uses-coffee card punches??

tabprincess

Does anyone have first hand, recent experience with what you can use the punches on the coffee card for other than specialty coffees? I have gotten 2 cards for my hubby so far and we have not used any of the punches on either card. He is just a brewed coffee kind of guy and makes good use of that part of the card.

We are sailing on the Royal on 11-14-14.

Was that one punch for each serving of Gelato?

Interested in finding out more about this! I had no idea.

One coffee card punch for the gelato place on the Royal, unless you choose something that contains alcohol. You can have a huge banana split ( my husband's delight) for one punch. And I mean HUGE!

the "good" tea at the coffee-stations and International café was also for free/no clicks...as I prefer ordinary fresh-brewed coffee and loved the maroccean mint tea, I only got a few clicks for dinner espresso....

By the way: with the card you can go to the international café with your refill-take-away mug...no problem and for free.

So you have to buy Gelato and or Sundaes?

Yep - there's a charge. I don't remember how much it was. It wasn't much and it was sooooo worth it! We didn't buy a coffee card, but wished we had. We didn't realize how much time we would spend eating gelato treats!

Yep - there's a charge. I don't remember how much it was. It wasn't much and it was sooooo worth it! We didn't buy a coffee card, but wished we had. We didn't realize how much time we would spend eating gelato treats!

They average about $2.75 each and then there would be 15% on top of that. The coffee card is definitely the way to go even if you aren't having coffee. Without a card each dessert would be $3.16, so for 11 it would come to $34.76. The card costs $33.35. Do the math. :)

Does anyone have first hand, recent experience with what you can use the punches on the coffee card for other than specialty coffees? I have gotten 2 cards for my hubby so far and we have not used any of the punches on either card. He is just a brewed coffee kind of guy and makes good use of that part of the card.

We are sailing on the Royal on 11-14-14.

It's my understanding that the card can be used for all the things others have mentioned. But, I think you may be asking what can you do with old coffee cards?

On the cruise you buy the card, each specialty coffee will use a 'punch'. Brewed coffees do not use a punch. They put the ship and date on each card purchased.

On subsequent cruises, you can still use the card for brewed coffee but not specialty coffee (or the other things mentioned like gelato). On these subsequent cruises, they will punch the card for each brewed coffee.

If you still have the old cards, you can use them for your husbands brewed coffees on Royal.

It's my understanding that the card can be used for all the things others have mentioned. But, I think you may be asking what can you do with old coffee cards?

On the cruise you buy the card, each specialty coffee will use a 'punch'. Brewed coffees do not use a punch. They put the ship and date on each card purchased.

On subsequent cruises, you can still use the card for brewed coffee but not specialty coffee (or the other things mentioned like gelato). On these subsequent cruises, they will punch the card for each brewed coffee.

If you still have the old cards, you can use them for your husbands brewed coffees on Royal.

What is in red is backwards. Cannot use for brewed coffee (unless you use a punch), can use still use punches for specialty coffee (and on Royal and Regal, gelato).

Do they still cut you off on brewed coffee and hot chocolate after the last punch?

The website says brewed coffee for the duration of the voyage, but I'm fairly certain it said that last time when we accidentally used the last punch on one of the cards and they threw the card away and said it couldn't be used for brewed coffee anymore (CB last November)

Do they still cut you off on brewed coffee and hot chocolate after the last punch?

The website says brewed coffee for the duration of the voyage, but I'm fairly certain it said that last time when we accidentally used the last punch on one of the cards and they threw the card away and said it couldn't be used for brewed coffee anymore (CB last November)

That was with the old style coffee card.

The type that has been in use for about two years now does not have that last punch restriction.

What is in red is backwards. Cannot use for brewed coffee (unless you use a punch), can use still use punches for specialty coffee (and on Royal and Regal, gelato).

That was my point. On subsequent cruises, brewed coffee costs you a punch. No more punches, no more brewed coffee. It was explained on CB last March that you can not use punches for specialty coffee after the cruise where you bought the card only brewed coffee.

We're on the Caribbean Princess soon (first time on the boat). Is gelato available there, too? If so, where would it be found?

No gelato on CB. Sorry. I used old cards with punches for both specialty and brewed coffee with no problem. They took a punch for each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can use it for gelato. Just used it on two different Royal Princess cruises. Great banana splits. Only cost 1 punch.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Future Cruises

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

That was my point. On subsequent cruises, brewed coffee costs you a punch. No more punches, no more brewed coffee. It was explained on CB last March that you can not use punches for specialty coffee after the cruise where you bought the card only brewed coffee.

You were told wrong. The punches can be used on future Princess cruises for specialty coffees..

It's the brewed coffee that you can't get unlimited of. The Specialty coffees are per punch & you can use the card on any ship till they're gone. People were keeping their old coffee cards forever to get unlimited brewed coffee on any ship & even lending the cards out, selling them on eBay so they had to put a stop to it. Today the card is good for unlimited brewed coffee only on the ship where it's purchased.