Would you book it?

Cruise Junky

I'm looking at Air from Vancouver to Paris next September. I know, a year away which is not usually when I book my air unless on points. But I'm seeing flights for around $1,200 pp which I think is pretty good. I'm not interested in a charter so am only looking at the main airlines. The $1,200 is a combo of Air Canada and Lufthansa. Would you buy this early or wait?

I been advised by two agents not to buy yet. I'm looking for July? Who knows though. I can get that price air transat from Vancouver to paris for July. September should be cheaper I would think? I am looking for Barcelona out of anywhere. Here is a good story though. I check kayak four times a day. The other night, it was close to 11pm , air lingus comes up for $540 all taxes New York to Barcelona my July dates. I waited till morning and it was gone!

If you wait, you may be able to get business class for not much more (out of SEA at least). Airlines were dumping BC seats this past summer, and some continue to do so.

The slow part of the year (less cash inflow) is also coming up and there may be sales. Also watch airline sites for "black friday" sales. Last year, KLM sold Canada-Istanbul BC tickets real cheap.

I been advised by two agents not to buy yet. I'm looking for July? Who knows though. I can get that price air transat from Vancouver to paris for July. September should be cheaper I would think? I am looking for Barcelona out of anywhere. Here is a good story though. I check kayak four times a day. The other night, it was close to 11pm , air lingus comes up for $540 all taxes New York to Barcelona my July dates. I waited till morning and it was gone!

Oh, I know I could get Air Transat cheaper, but it would be a cold day in hell.. ;)

The sales I'm getting for this winter are the same as I could book for next September.

If you wait, you may be able to get business class for not much more (out of SEA at least). Airlines were dumping BC seats this past summer, and some continue to do so.

The slow part of the year (less cash inflow) is also coming up and there may be sales. Also watch airline sites for "black friday" sales. Last year, KLM sold Canada-Istanbul BC tickets real cheap.

Do you remember which airline had the BC sale? or was it through a consolidator?

I'm looking at Air from Vancouver to Paris next September. I know, a year away which is not usually when I book my air unless on points. But I'm seeing flights for around $1,200 pp which I think is pretty good. I'm not interested in a charter so am only looking at the main airlines. The $1,200 is a combo of Air Canada and Lufthansa. Would you buy this early or wait?

I think the price is reasonable for comfortable airlines, and I would book it. Yes, the price might get a little cheaper, but I think it's reasonable now and I'd book it for my peace of mind.

Is air transit that bad? I have never flown them. Right now they are the one I may book. Toronto Barcelona. Then Lisbon Toronto? But maybe not?

I agree with the previous poster as well, if u think it is a good price book it!

Is air transit that bad? I have never flown them. Right now they are the one I may book. Toronto Barcelona. Then Lisbon Toronto? But maybe not?

I agree with the previous poster as well, if u think it is a good price book it!

They only fly to Paris one day a week from Vancouver and yes, tight little seats unless you upgrade to Club Class and for that price I can by a bulkhead seat on AC

They only fly to Paris one day a week from Vancouver and yes, tight little seats unless you upgrade to Club Class and for that price I can by a bulkhead seat on AC

I would be very, very reluctant to book with anyone who only flies one day a week to my destination.

Do you remember which airline had the BC sale? or was it through a consolidator?

Just about all of them, through the airline direct. Usually come with 10 day minimum stays and 50 day advance purchase to put off the business traveller. Just not out of YVR (where some were selling BC recently for about 2x what you're almost willing to pay).

Just about all of them, through the airline direct. Usually come with 10 day minimum stays and 50 day advance purchase to put off the business traveller. Just not out of YVR (where some were selling BC recently for about 2x what you're almost willing to pay).

Which of course is my airport ;)

Archived