If you could pick your favourite restaraunt in Galveston?.....

nc350

We are flying in March 24 to IAH and driving to Galveston to leave on the Carnival Freedom on the 25th. We like trying NEW restaraunts and love great food. Would love a suggestion for a great restaraunt. We do not want fast food. Want great food with a fair price. Thanks for any suggestions. :cool:

We are flying in March 24 to IAH and driving to Galveston to leave on the Carnival Freedom on the 25th. We like trying NEW restaraunts and love great food. Would love a suggestion for a great restaraunt. We do not want fast food. Want great food with a fair price. Thanks for any suggestions. :cool:

Gaido's (http://www.gaidos.com/) - 3802 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX 77550

If you like good BBQ, go to Leon's. Excellent food and huge portions. The staff is really nice. It gets packed, so be prepared for a short wait. Have fun and ask you front desk for good places to eat. Thats how we came to know to about Leon's and the place the poster above mentioned. I wanna say we ate there too. They had good pizza.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you like good BBQ, go to Leon's. Excellent food and huge portions. The staff is really nice. It gets packed, so be prepared for a short wait. Have fun and ask you front desk for good places to eat. Thats how we came to know to about Leon's and the place the poster above mentioned. I wanna say we ate there too. They had good pizza.

Don't think you ate pizza at Gaido's. It's a seafood restaurant and a Galveston institution. There has been a Gaido's in Galveston for probably 100 years! :cool:

Got it Texas Tillie, I wasn't sure lol...thanks for correcting me. I will have to ask my husband what restaurant that was. I know it was Italian that has an all u can eat buffet on some days. But we went on a day they didn't have it.

We were staying at the Doubletree last time, so we walked down to Miller's Seawall Grill for breakfast. It was a weekend so it was packed and there was a wait, but the food was really good. (The other place we ate at was Fisherman's Wharf after we visited the maritime museum, and it was good, too, but not really different from other Landry's run restaurants.)

Pre-boarding breakfast at Sunflower Cafe or after you arrive back in Galveston is a must. Our day of boarding ritual is always mimosas on the way to the port. So we "pre-game" there with mimosas, you can get them by the glass or for $25 a bottle of champagne and a carafe of fresh squeezed OJ or strawberry lemonade.

Thank you all for suggestions! I'm leaning towards Gaido's. we are huge seafood fans... my husband and I definitely are foodies and unfortunately we have started to instill this in our kids. Our 13 yr old is coming with us this cruise and very excited for chefs table and steakhouse. He loves Gordon Ramsay and thinks all chefs should be like him lol:)

Pre-boarding breakfast at Sunflower Cafe or after you arrive back in Galveston is a must. Our day of boarding ritual is always mimosas on the way to the port. So we "pre-game" there with mimosas, you can get them by the glass or for $25 a bottle of champagne and a carafe of fresh squeezed OJ or strawberry lemonade.

Hey stranger 😆😆 I'm gonna have to go there next time we go to Galveston!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hey stranger 😆😆 I'm gonna have to go there next time we go to Galveston!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sunflower is not near a hotel and could be a long walk. You most likely will need a cab or car. It also can be real busy and with long wait for table on Saturday and Sunday mornings. And can also be very loud and noisy with the crowds. Food can be good though!

Good suggestions from all posters and it depends on whether you are looking for lunch or dinner and what amount you want to spend. For moderate lunch and/or dinner we like Benno's on the Seawall which has Cajun inspired seafood. You wait in line to place your order and the servers bring it to you. More fried seafood but their Cajun grilled entrees are excellent in my opinion. Blvd Seafood on the seawall is another good venue for lunch or dinner. Chef formerly worked at Gaido's I believe. Tiki Tiki Hut on 19th has good bar food (Burgers, wings, nachos etc) but also has good fried and grilled flounder and shrimp. As others have mentioned The Spot, Fish Tales, Millers and The Gumbo Diner are good. Cajun Greek on 61st reopened a couple of years ago after being closed several years after Ike. I really like Cajun Greek. Most folks would say overall Rudy and Paco is the best Island restaurant day in and day out if you want a good meal, good atmosphere and a good wine list.

If you want a delicious but EXPENSIVE meal head over to Moody Gardens to Shearn's Seafood and Prime steak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

That is our plan in 7 weeks, we are also staying at that hotel. Another really nice upscale place is steak restaurant at San Luis which we love

Thank you all very much for the suggestions... I'll admit I like to be a princess when it comes to food and service ... especially on holidays.... so we may end up at a white table cloth restaraunt :cool: