Donuts

Project_gal

I cannot ever remember my other half thinking about donuts when we have been on any of our cruises [or at home, come to that] in the 40-odd years we have been together but for the last six months he has been saying that you cannot get donuts on Celebrity ships! I just keep saying that he cannot know because we have never looked for them but, so that I am prepared when we are on Eclipse in November, are donuts available, please?

Mentioning that, isn't it weird how you crave something's and that in your first stop when you get home? Real donuts is one of mine. Amazing after all the food we consume on a cruise.:)

And a bad McDonalds hamburger.

Edited by blindrid

Mentioning that, isn't it weird how you crave something's and that in your first stop when you get home? Real donuts is one of mine. Amazing after all the food we consume on a cruise.:)

For me it is Iced Coffee (Farmers Union) a brand found only in Australia. It is addictive, like cruising.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

My cravings are always for something I would not normally eat. e.g. For a few years it was for Salt & Vinegar crisps [chips] but I do not actually like them!

Thanks everyone for the information. It has been passed onto my husband and has at least stopped him saying that "you cannot get donuts on Celebrity ships". Now can you solve my other marital issues ......

My cravings are always for something I would not normally eat. e.g. For a few years it was for Salt & Vinegar crisps [chips] but I do not actually like them!

Thanks everyone for the information. It has been passed onto my husband and has at least stopped him saying that "you cannot get donuts on Celebrity ships". Now can you solve my other marital issues ......

we will certainly give it a go.:p

:eek:

perhaps you could start a marital issues thread

Donuts on S ships at the al Bacio most mornings & frequently at buffet. Plus they had Bavarian filled donuts, yeast type..... I'm addicted!

Not as much a fan as you

I preferred when they put jelly in them...but our last 2 cruises EVERY day they were creme filled....sadly

However...the blueberry muffins were very good

Sue: My wife asked for 'a donut' on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago, and well, as Larry said, ask and ye shall receive!!! Much to her surprise the waiter brought her an entire platter full of assorted delights! See you and Richard on Eclipse.....:)

Do you need to pay for these please?

PLEASE BE SURE to visit Café Al Bacio throughout the day. They have wonderful pastries, cake, pie , muffins, cookies etc from early mooring and all the goodies are FREE. You can stay and eat in the area surrounding the Café, or staff will pack whatever you want to go. Sometimes we take a few cookies in the morning as the best ones are often gone by mid-afternoon.

As was said before, these items are FREE - must pay for coffee, tea etc, but you don't have to buy a thing there.

One of our favorite places on the sip@!:)