Donuts

Project_gal

Slightly off topic....any sign of black & white cookies? We fell in love with them on the Century last year, enjoyed them on the Summit earlier this year, but then on the Century this past August we were told they no longer make them. What??? This is my whole reason for cruising! Okay, it's not, really. (I really cruise for the baked Alaska ;))

Has anyone seen them lately? On any Celebrity ship? Just wondering if I need to manage my expectations for next year.

Slightly off topic....any sign of black & white cookies? We fell in love with them on the Century last year, enjoyed them on the Summit earlier this year, but then on the Century this past August we were told they no longer make them. What??? This is my whole reason for cruising! Okay, it's not, really. (I really cruise for the baked Alaska ;))

Has anyone seen them lately? On any Celebrity ship? Just wondering if I need to manage my expectations for next year.

They are still at Bacio. 😀

You had better hope that Tex Ed isn't aboard or there would be no waffles left.:eek:

I'm boarding the summit in 2 days. I'll eat some waffles in TexEds honor lol. I pretty much always think of him when i get waffles due to these boards :-)

Also I had no idea about the cafe al bacio donuts...i might need to take a look ;-)

We were on the Equinox last month, and Cafe al Bacio had good donuts and croissants every morning starting at 6:30 am (free). Jelly or cream filled as well as cake donuts, almond or Nutella croissants...

This is excellent news as im sailing equinox in january

I'm boarding the summit in 2 days. I'll eat some waffles in TexEds honor lol. I pretty much always think of him when i get waffles due to these boards :-)

Also I had no idea about the cafe al bacio donuts...i might need to take a look ;-)

Likewise, it is funny how having never met some people, they still pervade your thoughts when doing something that remind you of them.:D

There are definitely doughnuts at Cafe Al Bacio for breakfast, together with apple turnovers (our kids favourite :)).

You should not have mentioned apple turnovers. I did not know you could get them on board. I have not been tempted until then!

I will take that as a very nice gesture on your part. So nice of you to remember me. :)

I happened to have taken a quick photo of the complimentary yummy pastries offered at al Bacio.

Enjoy!

2m5137a.jpg

Are drinks (tea, coffee etc.) at Cafe al Bacio a flat upcharge, or are they included on Classic/Premium drink packages?

Oh, and how do you pronounce "Bacio"?

Sorry, first timer to X here...trying to nail down the little details!!

Edited by PlanetX

Are drinks (tea, coffee etc.) at Cafe al Bacio a flat upcharge, or are they included on Classic/Premium drink packages?

Oh, and how do you pronounce "Bacio"?

Sorry, first timer to X here...trying to nail down the little details!!

All of the non-alcoholic coffee and tea drinks are included in the Classic package. The coffee drinks with alcohol are listed on the menu as "coffee cocktails". Any up to $8 menu price are included in Classic package. I believe all the beverages on the al Bacio menu are included under the Premium package.

I did take a picture of the flyer a server in al Bacio on Summit gave a man who had the Classic package last week. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the multi-page menu itself to get you the prices charged.

I know it has been posted on CC not too long ago. Maybe it will turn up in a search. I'll post back, if my search is successful.

Jane

k9ferb.jpg

Here is info from CC member LSimon. Larry posted a link to the al Bacio menu from 12/2012, so the prices are likely a bit higher:

Yes

Here is a link to a Café al Bacio menu. It a little dated so prices might be different but the teas probably haven't changed. I believe that all the teas (regular, herbal and iced) are included in the classic packages and above.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfs...e-Dec-2012.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr

All of the non-alcoholic coffee and tea drinks are included in the Classic package. The coffee drinks with alcohol are listed on the menu as "coffee cocktails". Any up to $8 menu price are included in Classic package. I believe all the beverages on the al Bacio menu are included under the Premium package.

I did take a picture of the flyer a server in al Bacio on Summit gave a man who had the Classic package last week. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the multi-page menu itself to get you the prices charged.

I know it has been posted on CC not too long ago. Maybe it will turn up in a search. I'll post back, if my search is successful.

Jane

k9ferb.jpg

Here is info from CC member LSimon. Larry posted a link to the al Bacio menu from 12/2012, so the prices are likely a bit higher:

Link didn't open for me.

Here are a couple of photos I took of the Tea Forte: White Ginger Pear "Tea Over Ice" service. It was really cool. They present you with the tea bag in that pyramid-shaped box along with hot water in a clear glass teapot and a pitcher full of ice. You steep the tea in the little pot (with a hole in the top for the teabag tag). When it reaches the desired strength, you pour it over the pitcher of ice and then into the tall drinking glass that is also full of ice. It was fun to experience. The resulting ice tea was mildly flavored and enjoyable. I only ordered this once, but I would do it again on another cruise. I was not charged for this, but I think I had upgraded to the premium package by this day. Don't think they currently charge for any non-alcohol coffees or teas under the Classic package either, according to the flyer I posted from 10/5 Summit Sailing and the server in al Bacio.

301lyxu.jpg

30u4f0m.jpg