Craft beers on the Infinity

Jeal

Trying to decide if we should upgrade to the premium package - does the Infinity still have craft beers and where can you get them?

We were on the Constellation (M class ship) in March 2014, then on Reflection (S class ship) in July 2014, in both cases DH was able to get craft beers at Cellar Masters. Good selection. For my husband it was worth it to upgrade to premium.

Craft Beers were certainly on offer (plentiful) when we sailed on The Summit last year (M-Class Sister Ship to the Infinity)... And they were immensely popular / good money makers for Celebrity

GHSTUDIO is currently doing LIVE reports from The Inifinty's Tranatlantic crossing... You might want to ask in that post what is the current situation

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113512

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Craft beers on all ships are now in Cellarmasters. Though a dramatically reduced menu of them versus the Michael's days, and that changes regularly and often.

Equinox with GastroBar does have them there, and if memory serves there were about 40 brands on offer. Search the forum and yo will find the menus from GasroBar.

GastroBar is converting CellarMasters on Eclipse we know in the spring, but to my knowledge, we are not sure if CellarMasters is converting on other ships as well at this point.

Thank you for the info. We ended up upgrading to the Premium package. Hopefully there will be some great craft beers for my husband to try.

I hope you will like the Martini Bar and the Molecular Bar too.;)

These are the good ones.;)

Couldn't agree more. I only drink the thin commercial beers if there's no alternatives.

We're on the Solstice in Feb and there's a really active roll call going. All sorts of activities have been organised - slot pull, cabin crawl, card games etc. So as an avid beer brewer/taster/lover, I have offered to conduct an activity - a beer tasting! Essentially using the beer judging format we follow at the beer club I'm a member of.

So far I'm the only one signed up for the activity. However, even if it's only me I intend to show the necessary commitment and proceed with the event anyway.

Similar to the OP, I'm hoping to find some decent brews on board. I will report back with a detailed report of all things beer on the Solstice in mid March.

Happy Days.

Couldn't have said it better....but then again, I live in San Diego. Is there any other beer over than craft beer? :cool:

Ahhhhh! Stone Brewing--one of my favorites!

Edited by gsb

Couldn't agree more. I only drink the thin commercial beers if there's no alternatives.

We're on the Solstice in Feb and there's a really active roll call going. All sorts of activities have been organised - slot pull, cabin crawl, card games etc. So as an avid beer brewer/taster/lover, I have offered to conduct an activity - a beer tasting! Essentially using the beer judging format we follow at the beer club I'm a member of.

So far I'm the only one signed up for the activity. However, even if it's only me I intend to show the necessary commitment and proceed with the event anyway.

Similar to the OP, I'm hoping to find some decent brews on board. I will report back with a detailed report of all things beer on the Solstice in mid March.

Happy Days.

Love the way you think :D

I read your reply out loud to Mr Sloop (aka Hubby with a serious interest in Wine & Beer) and he gave a hearty belly laugh

Then he asked me where he might join the Solstice & yourself so you would not be too lonely... Cause no man should ever have to drink alone. (I saw right thru it... any excuse for another cruise vacation, lol)... Said clearly your fellow Pax on your Roll Call just don't appreciate the finer things in life ;)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Love the way you think :D

I read your reply out loud to Mr Sloop (aka Hubby with a serious interest in Wine & Beer) and he gave a hearty belly laugh

Then he asked me where he might join the Solstice & yourself so you would not be too lonely... Cause no man should ever have to drink alone. (I saw right thru it... any excuse for another cruise vacation, lol)... Said clearly your fellow Pax on your Roll Call just don't appreciate the finer things in life ;)

Cheers!

Was that you love the way I think or lover the way I drink? (thought it might have been a typo).

Yeah it'll be a tough gig but I'm prepared to take one for the team (all in the name of reference and research of course) so that I can provide the necessarily detailed report to CC members. I'm so committed to this serious pursuit of providing important information to fellow cruisers that I can say with a fair degree of confidence that I'm likely to try each beer more than once and more than one beer a day. Hows that for commitment! :D

And yes I'll willingly accept/coerce/lassoo like minded individuals to undertake this pursuit with me. I'm sure it will be a rewarding experience for all.

There's another couple travelling with us so I'm sure my travelling companion will keep me company although he is pretty much a commercial beer drinker. As for the rest of the pax, well I'm sure they'll be a good bunch of ship mates and I'm certain I'll make a few friends over a refreshing beer or two. It's a great way to meet people!

We sail on Solstice out of Perth Western Australia on 25 Feb for a 17 night cruise around the top of Australia (with a port call at Bali) and conclude at Sydney. 10 sea days along the way.

I'm fortunate to be having my birthday whilst on the cruise so I'm likely to find a legitimate reason for a drink or two that day.

The cruise is sold out but keep an eye on things, a cabin might become available and then you could join us.

Happy Days.:D:D:D

. I'm sure my travelling companion will keep me company although he is pretty much a commercial beer drinker.

Happy Days.:D:D:D

I would hope by the end of your cruise you will have converted your companion to a craft beer connoisseur. No more THIN, yellow, pissy stuff.:p

Sounds like you'll have a great trip. Enjoy!

Beers that are made by a Microbrewery. Anotherwords, usually "local" and in small batches. Giving the Brewmaster more of a free hand in his craft.

Cheers!

And in some cases a microbrew, craft, type of beer that is actually made and distributed by one of the large major brewers.