What airlines does NCL use?

gkrnjlr

When I flew to Southampton, United Kingdom for The Getaway's Transatlantic Crossing, Norwegian booked me on British Airways.

If I were to do a European cruise again, I would have Norwegian book the air portion again.

Thanks! That's reassuring to hear you say that, too!

I always think the air packages are very very expensive. Have never even considered using the fly/cruise package. It might be different for Americans coming to Europe as I've spoken to few on European cruises and they seem to pay a lot more than us for transatlantic flights.

I always think the air packages are very very expensive. Have never even considered using the fly/cruise package. It might be different for Americans coming to Europe as I've spoken to few on European cruises and they seem to pay a lot more than us for transatlantic flights.

I think you could be right on the price of the air travel through NCL We have booked their holiday bundles and found them fine. As far as the hotels go you can book them separate from the air travel. They usually come with transfers to and from the port so this comes in quite handy.

Thank you!

Looking at prices right now for this year it doesn't look like there's a huge markup for booking independently now versus booking through them.

We've never been overseas - so I'm a tad more comfortable booking through them, too!

I have been on two fly cruises with NCL. 1st time I went UK to Barcelona on Jet2.com and the 2nd cruise I went UK to Miami on Virgin who were amazing, British Airways on the way home were awful though as they changed my connecting flight when they didn't need to and wouldn't speak to me when I tried to see if there was a quicker way for me to get home.

We've decided to use NCL's air on our Europe cruise in 2017. I'm curious....what airlines does NCL use?

Has anyone here added on air before? How was it?

Thanks!

I take it you haven't read this link?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

May be a little old but much of the information still holds true today.

Better to go in informed

We booked NCL for our Transatlantic and they booked us on United. I live 10 minutes from ORD so it was an easy trip. At that time they had also included ground transport to Dover and it worked out cheaper doing it through NCL and if I had to book on my own. I wouldn't hesitate to book this again, HOWEVER it pays to do your own homework first.

For domestic departures you're better off booking your own flights.

How do you add the air on for a transatlantic? And is it usually a good price?

Its Fly/Cruise package you need to do a booking (I think) and request air at that time. It was a good price for us. That is why you need to do your homework, one way international flights can be pricey!

We've had Jet2 (in summer months) BA and KLM - in Europe. For our winter 16 TA cruise we have KLM out to Barcelona and BA return from Tampa.

Could hardly buy a flight only on this basis for the price of our cruise

Fly cruise usually always works out cheaper for us - unless I have avios and its a roundtrip to and from the same airports.

The airlines fares used are the basic coach fares negotiated between the airline

and NCL at a bulk rate similar to what a TA does when working a junket trip to

say Las Vegas.

For domestic flights to a port in the USA a coach seat is not all that bad for

a trip less than a few hours. For the international destinations where the flights

maybe 6-11 hours or even more the comfort of a Business class seat is more

than appreciated. This bumps the airfare in some cases to be almost as much

as the cruise itself or for the frequent flyer uses a good chunk of miles or points !

Some cruise lines i.e. Regent and Crystal offer the business class seats as part

of or in conjunction with the cabin class booked.

The hotel accommodations are sometimes factored into these equations as an

all inclusive package deal.

The airlines with the best and most frequent flights in or near the port city of

departure or destination would be the usual choice - i.e. Port of South Hampton

in England stands to reason that British Airways would be the logical choice.

BA offers great service but don't pass on a flight on Virgin if offered !

If you let NCL book the travel arrangements with the airlines - you should have

no problem with the timing of getting to and from the ship on time.

After a cruise the return flight booked will almost always be with sufficient time

for everything to click into place without distress.

If you plan your own flight arrangements planning a tight return trip maybe a

problem with the airline not holding a flight for you but with a greater percentage

of NCL negotiated contracted airfares it easy to see that the airline will hold

a flight to accommodate a group.

If you need international airfare talk and compare notes with your TA and NCL

for what is the best for you - see if arriving a day or more early and staying a

day or two later after the cruise can create a better less expensive airfare.

Not all fares are the same every day - some incorporate a Saturday over night

stay to get the best fare.

GOT INTERNET - Browse it to see what works best for you and 'What's in your Wallet' !

We are from the UK and have purchased our flights for around $600 cheaper per person than the price quoted by NCL. We fly from Heathrow to Miami a day before the cruise and fly home 4 days after the cruise. The costs saved on flights gave us 5 extra days vacation, hotels and a hire car and still we are saving money! Our flights are with Virgin Atlantic.

In my opinion, you should research both options and see which works out cheaper or better for you. You also might want to consider a few days land based before cruise to get over any jet lag.