Transportation to Port Everglades

Bigbluegal

We will be sailing Oasis of the Seas in October. We are flying in the day before. Do most people purchase transfers or just get a cab?

Taxi is the best way if you are staying reasonably close to the port.

A taxi/Uber/Lyft is probably the easiest option unless you are worried about luggage fitting into the vehicle.

And still that shouldn't be a problem for a taxi....minivan type taxi's cost no more than a regular one ;)

I have found that hotels often have links to transportation companies that they work with for a discounted rate. If not my backup plan is usually Uber. I would also check the transportation section of the forum for more info. Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale, I forget who the company was but they had coach style buses running that you just signed up for at the hotel desk that were $5-10 per person.

We were going to use UberXL from airport to hotel (further up the beach than Port Everglades) but ended up taking a taxi minivan. They were closer to where we exited the airport and based on the quotes I got from Uber and the cab, the cab was cheaper. $20ish to hotel.

We used UberXL the next day to get to port from hotel as there weren't any minivan cabs around. I expected the UberXL to be bigger than a small Dodge SUV. It was tight squeeze, but we fit in. $35 to port.

Upon our return, we choses a cab minivan again as they were easily accessible and we didn't have to wait. $12 to airport.

We will be sailing Oasis of the Seas in October. We are flying in the day before. Do most people purchase transfers or just get a cab?

We've found that renting a car is the most cost effective approach. You can typically get a car for about $35 at the airport and drop it off at the port (or very near the port) and get a free shuttle to the port. I find it very handy to have a car for picking up any last minute items and its nice if you have a few hours to have the car for a trip to the beach the day before.

you mention there are close by rental companies that will offer shuttles to the port of FLL, which companies offer that?

thanks for the information.

Hertz has airport pickup (like all of them) and has a drop off just outside Port Everglades entrance. They'll shuttle you to and from the ship. Dollar rental car is another company that will do the same.

you mention there are close by rental companies that will offer shuttles to the port of FLL, which companies offer that?

thanks for the information.

Thrifty/Dollar is the closest to PE being just outside the gate...they offer a free quick easy shuttle....we've used them a few times and also Budget on 17th Street offer's the same.

Thrifty/Dollar is the closest to PE being just outside the gate...they offer a free quick easy shuttle....we've used them a few times and also Budget on 17th Street offer's the same.

Yes, Dollar is right outside the gate. Hertz is a stone's throw away, across the street from the Port Everglades gate at 455 State Road 84 in the parking garage of the Crowne Plaza. Right here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/455+FL-84,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316,+USA/@26.0928412,-80.1399964,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d90064ab9e60a5:0x4186280e1f857dc5!8m2!3d26.0928412!4d-80.1378077

Yes, Dollar is right outside the gate. Hertz is a stone's throw away, across the street from the Port Everglades gate at 455 State Road 84 in the parking garage of the Crowne Plaza. Right here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/455+FL-84,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316,+USA/@26.0928412,-80.1399964,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d90064ab9e60a5:0x4186280e1f857dc5!8m2!3d26.0928412!4d-80.1378077

Yes...for me I have no loyalty and will rent where I get the best deal ;)

We've been very happy with Thrifty a number of times. It's nice to have a car because you can stay further from the airport (cheaper) and be able to pick up last minute necessities. The drop at Port Everglades is easy. One time there were a lot of ships in port so we had to wait a little while (maybe 15 minutes) for our shuttle.