Airfare for late October to Barcelona from California

danny8826

Hi,

We (5 of us) have booked the Serenade of the Seas for November 3rd.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=SR12M360&date=201310

We plan to be in Barcelona a few days before the cruise to check out the city.

We are looking at Airfare prices and see that from SFO to BCN (Barcelona) in late October (specifically Oct 30th) will be $1104.00 (tax included).

Should we book or should we wait? Will the price drop in July/Aug?

The ship will get into port on the last day at 6:00 AM. Would be make it to our flight if our departure time is 11:30 AM?

Thank you so much for your help.

Danny

Hi,

We (5 of us) have booked the Serenade of the Seas for November 3rd.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=SR12M360&date=201310

We plan to be in Barcelona a few days before the cruise to check out the city.

We are looking at Airfare prices and see that from SFO to BCN (Barcelona) in late October (specifically Oct 30th) will be $1104.00 (tax included).

Should we book or should we wait? Will the price drop in July/Aug?

The ship will get into port on the last day at 6:00 AM. Would be make it to our flight if our departure time is 11:30 AM?

Thank you so much for your help.

Danny

I am sailing on the Serenade the week before you! Our flight out of Barcelona is at 11:30 am on Nov. 3 and according to Royal Caribbean, the earliest flight you should take is 10 am, if I remember correctly. You can do a search on their website to find out.

I have not seen airfare prices drop much, if at all. I booked my airfare a while ago just to get it out of the way. I figured prices would only go up (my current flight itinerary is about $150 more than when I paid, and mine actually includes airport transfers, too!). Airfare is always a gamble.

I am sailing on the Serenade the week before you! Our flight out of Barcelona is at 11:30 am on Nov. 3 and according to Royal Caribbean, the earliest flight you should take is 10 am, if I remember correctly. You can do a search on their website to find out.

I have not seen airfare prices drop much, if at all. I booked my airfare a while ago just to get it out of the way. I figured prices would only go up (my current flight itinerary is about $150 more than when I paid, and mine actually includes airport transfers, too!). Airfare is always a gamble.

Thank you for the info.

I totally agree that Airfare is a gamble.

I called Royal Caribbean and they told me that 11:30 AM is fine. They recommend anytime after 10:00 AM.

Thank you for the info.

I totally agree that Airfare is a gamble.

I called Royal Caribbean and they told me that 11:30 AM is fine. They recommend anytime after 10:00 AM.

Cool. I hope you have a great cruise!! We are totally excited about ours :D I can't imagine flying all the way from SanFran though! Do you fly east across the states or west across Asia to get to Europe?

Having paid around $950 to fly from Philly to Barcelona in May, I would say that your airfare in a great deal. You are getting a whole continent (the USA) for $54 more :)

Barcelona is fantastic and you will love it no matter what price you pay to get there.

Have a great trip.

Cool. I hope you have a great cruise!! We are totally excited about ours :D I can't imagine flying all the way from SanFran though! Do you fly east across the states or west across Asia to get to Europe?

Yes, it's a long flight. We will fly east across the states to London then change plane to Barcelona if we choose to fly with British Airways.

That's the price I was able to get for $1104.00

Having paid around $950 to fly from Philly to Barcelona in May, I would say that your airfare in a great deal. You are getting a whole continent (the USA) for $54 more :)

Barcelona is fantastic and you will love it no matter what price you pay to get there.

Have a great trip.

I know I can't wait to visit Barcelona. I have heard so much great things about the city.

Yes, it's a long flight. We will fly east across the states to London then change plane to Barcelona if we choose to fly with British Airways.

British Airways is a great airlines, we fly them all the time when we go to London - although we fly from DC, so a tad bit shorter flight :)

British Airways is a great airlines, we fly them all the time when we go to London - although we fly from DC, so a tad bit shorter flight :)

I have flown them before too and I like them a lot.

Too bad that Lufthansa and KLM are too expensive. I would like to try them too.

Our focus is on the time of the return flight. We don't want to feel rushed to get to the airport if the cruise comes in to port late that morning. A 12:00-2:00 PM flight would be perfect, but 11:30 AM would do too I guess.

I have flown them before too and I like them a lot.

Too bad that Lufthansa and KLM are too expensive. I would like to try them too.

Our focus is on the time of the return flight. We don't want to feel rushed to get to the airport if the cruise comes in to port late that morning. A 12:00-2:00 PM flight would be perfect, but 11:30 AM would do too I guess.

I have flown Lufthansa, but not KLM. I liked Lufthansa, but like BA just a tad bit better.

What about just a flight to London, spend a day or two there, then fly back to SFO. Break up the trip - your earl flight from Spain is most likely being driven by an early flight from London to US. I think our flights were normally around 1pm or 3pm. But if you are not flying directly back to US, you might be ale to take a later flight.

I have flown Lufthansa, but not KLM. I liked Lufthansa, but like BA just a tad bit better.

What about just a flight to London, spend a day or two there, then fly back to SFO. Break up the trip - your earl flight from Spain is most likely being driven by an early flight from London to US. I think our flights were normally around 1pm or 3pm. But if you are not flying directly back to US, you might be ale to take a later flight.

Hummmm...I'll look into that.

Thank you.

We used Choice Air to book our flight to Barcelona. We booked a one-way flight before our TA. It is $488 pp. We were VERY happy with that. On the airline sites the prices were terrible.

You should check it out on their website-- or

Here is the number 1-800-533-7803.

We are flying British Airways, too :) Their price was good when I booked (but I'm already on the east coast!). I'm just a little nervous about connecting in London since we are flying in the day of the cruise, but we didn't have another choice because of our schedule. I hate flying, I should have booked a TA cruise to get to my Med. cruise! :rolleyes:

We used Choice Air to book our flight to Barcelona. We booked a one-way flight before our TA. It is $488 pp. We were VERY happy with that. On the airline sites the prices were terrible.

I have seldom found that Choice Air has better pricing for a round trip ticket. One way internationally, yes (the airlines don't seem to offer true one way pricing). But always good to check them out.:)

We are flying British Airways, too :) Their price was good when I booked (but I'm already on the east coast!). I'm just a little nervous about connecting in London since we are flying in the day of the cruise, but we didn't have another choice because of our schedule. I hate flying, I should have booked a TA cruise to get to my Med. cruise! :rolleyes:

I thought of flying in the day of the cruise but since I pay for so much on airfare, might as well take advantage of seeing Barcelona.

That's a great price but from where though?

$1100 is a GREAT fare. 11:30 return flight is fine from BCN. Enjoy!

Thank you. I have been by a few people too that the time is ok.

I have seldom found that Choice Air has better pricing for a round trip ticket. One way internationally, yes (the airlines don't seem to offer true one way pricing). But always good to check them out.:)

I'll check that out.

Archived