"Selection not available".. Why??

EasyBreezy83

I was doing a mock booking for the Sunshine (playing around with different sailings) and when I did one mock booking it wouldn't give me the option to select a scenic ocean view room.. other mock bookings for the same ship/same sailings did allow for it. Sooooo, why is this?? And its not that its sold out because this one was for 2016.

It very well could be taken. I was doing a mock booking just recently for the Victory at the end if 2015, and while deciding between two port hole cabins, one became unavailable. I thought I had put it on hold somehow without realizing, but checking a few days/weeks later it's still unavailable. So while I was doing a mock booking (again for Nov. 2015!) someone did book the same cabin I was considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's just strange that ALL of these rooms would be gone already for 2016. I wasn't at the room number selection, I was at the first part where you pick the type of room, and that entire type of room said unavailable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

That's just strange that ALL of these rooms would be gone already for 2016. I wasn't at the room number selection, I was at the first part where you pick the type of room, and that entire type of room said unavailable.

call the 1-800 number and book with a pvp. seriously. The same thing happened to me with a Sunshine cruise. Basically my pvp told me it's Carnival's way of restricting what cabins are viewable and what are not online. Chances are they are available because the same thing happened to me online and they were available. She said in a sense they Carnival wants the "lower category" cabins booked first. So if you're looking at an interior and the lower category ones are not booked yet they are going to restrict the higher category ones from being booked until the lower category ones start to fill up. Just call. They will reserve you one. I had to do it that way with a balcony.

BTW what sailing did you book? I just booked Jan 24, 2016!

call the 1-800 number and book with a pvp. seriously. The same thing happened to me with a Sunshine cruise. Basically my pvp told me it's Carnival's way of restricting what cabins are viewable and what are not online. Chances are they are available because the same thing happened to me online and they were available. She said in a sense they Carnival wants the "lower category" cabins booked first. So if you're looking at an interior and the lower category ones are not booked yet they are going to restrict the higher category ones from being booked until the lower category ones start to fill up. Just call. They will reserve you one. I had to do it that way with a balcony.

BTW what sailing did you book? I just booked Jan 24, 2016!

That makes sense. I haven't booked anything yet.. In my planning mode right now and looking to see what they are offering. We were on the Breeze in April, and now I want to try the Sunshine. I love how the Serenity area looks on this ship and would like to check it out. I'm also interested in trying this scenic room. We usually do a balcony, but I think this huge window would be kinda cool! Have fun on your cruise!!

I think that once you choose a cabin and proceed to the next page it will hold that cabin for a short period so you have time to book.

I didn't get to choose the cabin. I got to the "choose your stateroom" page, which said interior, ocean view, ext... I clicked on ocean view, and it showed regular ocean view (which I could click on), and scenic ocean view, which said selection unavailable.

I was "window shopping" on Expedia and happened upon a cruise for 2015 for one of the Scenic Grand Ocean View cabins during "my" week. When I looked on Carnival's site, it didn't show as available, so I hurried back to Expedia and booked it (since there are only 2 per ship and I didn't want to lose it)

I have since learned that you can call Carnival regarding room that are not showing to find out if they are available and book. Perhaps there are groups on cabins they reserve for various travel sites? No idea, but it's worth it to call if you are looking for a specific cabin!