Cove Balcony; excessive spray dampens you day? or no way!

CleveCruiser

Would like to book a cove balcony on a Dream class ship; does anyone have experience with them having too much spray kicked up by the ship; making them too wet to use?

If this happened, is it worse at the bow?

Or is it not an issue?

Thanks.

It can happen but probably depends on sea and wind conditions. We were about 5 coves back from the very front one and had spray and salt buildup most of our cruise. But we also had high winds. It really wasn't a huge deal - we learned to wear old clothes out there so salt didn't get on our dinner clothes and to grab a towel and wipe stuff down before lounging out there. I'd still book again in a heartbeat - loved being so close to the water and the privacy - especially after seeing how the other balconies are so visible to the lanai.

Have had a cove twice and never had spray but did have salty residue on the rail in the morning. We just wiped it with a towel. no biggie. We just booked our 3rd cove on the Breeze we love them that much. Our cabins have been mid to rear on Starboard.

Never had a problem with excessive spray. We maybe had to wipe down the rail a time or two but that's a small price to pay for the privacy of the cove and the spectacular view. Not to mention the close proximity to the water, making it VERY easy to see dolphins and flying fish. We have another cove booked for April. :D

Salt sprays of water even come up and onto balconies on Upper Deck (6) and Empress Deck (7).....the glass beneath the railing is almost always sprinkled with salty crust from ocean spray as well as the railing and chairs on each and every sailing we have been on......so I would imagine that a lower deck, like the cove balconies on Deck 2 get even more spray.

Salt sprays of water even come up and onto balconies on Upper Deck (6) and Empress Deck (7).....the glass beneath the railing is almost always sprinkled with salty crust from ocean spray as well as the railing and chairs on each and every sailing we have been on......so I would imagine that a lower deck, like the cove balconies on Deck 2 get even more spray.

You imagine?

We had coves twice, both mid ship and yes at night when the ship was really hauling booty there was a slight mist. And yes most mornings there was salt on the rails etc. I may be one of the few but I actually love it! I can't wait to get a cove again (next few cruise ships we are going on DONT have them).:(

Might be slightly off-topic, but I was thinking about a Cove on the Dream.... Any experienced cruisers have any advice as far as Cove vs Spa Interior or Ocean View? I can't seem to make up my mind, but I am leaning towards the Cove...

I've done both OV and Int, but never a balcony.

We've had three friends use a cove on the Dream. Two of them had no problems at all:) and one of our friends had the doors locked shut because the seas were so rough.:o

The first two sailed out of Florida and the third sailed out of New York when the Dream first arrived in the States.

Might be slightly off-topic, but I was thinking about a Cove on the Dream.... Any experienced cruisers have any advice as far as Cove vs Spa Interior or Ocean View? I can't seem to make up my mind, but I am leaning towards the Cove...

I've done both OV and Int, but never a balcony.

Well the fly in the ointment is the spa inside. Thats a different beast since you get the spa access that a cove and OV does not give. I considered the same and have decided to do a cove for its uniquness and try to buy a weekly spa pass immediately upon boarding.

Hopefully its a win-win.

Well the fly in the ointment is the spa inside. Thats a different beast since you get the spa access that a cove and OV does not give. I considered the same and have decided to do a cove for its uniquness and try to buy a weekly spa pass immediately upon boarding.

Hopefully its a win-win.

Honestly, that sounds like a good idea and I may just do that. Thanks. :)

Thank you everyone...appreciate your experiences and your input. :)

We were just on Freedom (deck 10) and had spray up there some days...so I guess that is just

the way it is when you are on a beautiful ship...tooling through the ocean!

I am -so very much- looking forward to booking a cove ASAP (which sadly will be next year :( )

and appreciate your perspective.