Hotel in Copenhagen

Surfguyxxx

I haven't stayed there yet, but heard good things on Cruise Critic boards about Hotel Bethel. You must reserve direct with their website - they don't allow other sites to book for them, which I think keeps the cost low. They are among the top 10 hotels in Copenhagen according to TripAdvisor as well, so sounds legit.

Last year, we stayed at the Andersen Hotel for one night. It is very close to the Central Station, where you can catch the train to the airport.

Copenhagen can be very expensive, and we found the Andersen to be a good value. The included breakfast was good. Furnishings are Ikea-like.

http://www.andersen-hotel.dk/en/

RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA HOTEL

We stayed there in 2003 for 3 days. Breakfast buffet is included. It's not right in the center, but is a nice pleasant walk from the Tivoli area.

If you go out for dinner, try The Jailhouse. They were so glad to see us the manager even bought us an Aquavit.

Steve & Pete

We are doing a TA and ending up in Denmark and wondered if anyone has any hotels they might recommend? We are planning on only being there one night then flying out at about 12pm the next day. Thanks for any info you might have.

Even though Copenhagen is considered somewhat expensive, you are still able to find a good deal. When are you going to be in Copenhagen? I will be happy to advise on local hotels and deals.

• 4 weeks later...
Even though Copenhagen is considered somewhat expensive, you are still able to find a good deal. When are you going to be in Copenhagen? I will be happy to advise on local hotels and deals.

Our cruise gets in on 05/02 so I'll only need one night to enjoy the city. We fly out around 10am the next day so would need to make sure the airport is not too far away also. I appreciate your assistance.

Steve

We are staying in CPH for four nights after the cruise. We are renting an apartment through a flat rental service in the suburbs. If it works out, we may do that instead of booking hotels in the future. Looking forward to trying out something different and meeting the locals. :) We have met some very nice people online in the Copenhagen area.

Edited by scubadogbones
grammar

We are staying in CPH for four nights after the cruise. We are renting an apartment through a flat rental service in the suburbs. If it works out, we may do that instead of booking hotels in the future. Looking forward to trying out something different and meeting the locals. :) We have met some very nice people online in the Copenhagen area.

We have had success renting apartments in several places... Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon to name a few. The only drawback we have had a couple of times was meeting up with the manager/owner to obtain the key, but it was certainly not a deal killer for future rentals. You just have to accept that it may not be as easy as going to a front desk and picking up a key.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, back home now but wanted to share that we had stayed at the Hotel 27. A bit more modern for my tastes but very nice. We booked with Hotwire so all was prepaid. Guess what; they double charged us. Hmmmmmm. Have to do some work on this today but overall, a very nice hotel with wonderful staff to assist with any questions.