Norwegian Escape Dining Spreadsheet

Loonbeam

So - if you have been following the various threads, there is some confusion about dining on the Escape and the various plans, etc.

I've started to put together a chart, here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2fq7q2sMMrqLdCPAfaA-JHrBd1qxjtdX4MjpFm1NjA/pubhtml

This chart is based ONLY on the official NCL dining guide, terms and conditions for the SDP and UDP so far.

There are some open questions regarding the UDP. For example, the T+C specifies a 25 percent discount at all a la carte but depending on how you read it, Cagney's is not considered an a la carte for this plan.

Also for the SDP not sure if there is any limit on tapas at Pincho for example or can you order as many items as you want at one sitting for the upcharge. As people confirm, please let me know (with copies of receipts if you could!) Same for Food Republic, etc...

Kind of sad I need to do this, but....

Nice work.

At Teppanyaki, whether SDP, UDP, or neither, you can order whatever you want. I had the steak/lobster combo, but also got shrimp with that. They flat out told the table before ordering that "anything goes".

Another correction - there is no 25% discount at Food Republic with UDP. Neither SDP or UDP applies there. I specifically asked the restaurant manager, since it had never been listed in the terms of either package, and she confirmed.

In addition, you have "1 entree" listed for Moderno. The whole nature of Moderno is that you eat nonstop until you are full. You don't even order entrees.

Also, Supper Club has $15 + 18% upcharge plus one meal credit under SDP (same as Bayamo).

Edited by LrgPizza

Nice work.

At Teppanyaki, whether SDP, UDP, or neither, you can order whatever you want. I had the steak/lobster combo, but also got shrimp with that. They flat out told the table before ordering that "anything goes".

Another correction - there is no 25% discount at Food Republic with UDP. Neither SDP or UDP applies there. I specifically asked the restaurant manager, since it had never been listed in the terms of either package, and she confirmed.

In addition, you have "1 entree" listed for Moderno. The whole nature of Moderno is that you eat nonstop until you are full. You don't even order entrees.

Also, Supper Club has $15 + 18% upcharge plus one meal credit under SDP (same as Bayamo).

A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces.

I wonder if they need to change their website terms then :confused:

I was really hopping for 25% off :mad:

So - if you have been following the various threads, there is some confusion about dining on the Escape and the various plans, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2fq7q2sMMrqLdCPAfaA-JHrBd1qxjtdX4MjpFm1NjA/pubhtml

This chart is based ONLY on the official NCL dining guide, terms and conditions for the SDP and UDP so far.

There are some open questions regarding the UDP. For example, the T+C specifies a 25 percent discount at all a la carte but depending on how you read it, Cagney's is not considered an a la carte for this plan.

Also for the SDP not sure if there is any limit on tapas at Pincho for example or can you order as many items as you want at one sitting for the upcharge. As people confirm, please let me know (with copies of receipts if you could!) Same for Food Republic, etc...

Thank you for sharing your chart - much easier to look at than NCL's :). We received a 25% discount ($26.54 pp) for the Supper Club with the UDP promo. Looking at my online account recently though, the Supper Club price is now showing as $17.70 pp. Think I need to give NCL a call...

Thank you for sharing your chart - much easier to look at than NCL's :). We received a 25% discount ($26.54 pp) for the Supper Club with the UDP promo. Looking at my online account recently though, the Supper Club price is now showing as $17.70 pp. Think I need to give NCL a call...

For the SDP, it is a $15+tip upcharge

For the UDP, it is a 25% discount.

We went twice. Once for the brat pack and once cot the cabaret show.

There is no entree limit at La Cuchina with the UDP, only le bistro and Cagney's. Moderno doesnt have "entrees" so to speak so there is also no limit there.

Here is the exact line from the offical UDP terms:

Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

I think something has changed or maybe an error, but my account shows $17.70 pp and I have the UDP as a promo (booked before the SDP was implemented). I'm actually on hold with NCL now as the rep is speaking with his supervisor. He also sees it as $17.70 in my account.

I meant to ask in my last post, did you enjoy the Brat Pack? So looking forward to it. Also, which seats did you have and how was your view of the stage?

I think this may be related to what I pointed out on the A La Carte thread. There doesn't seem to be a difference in the POS system between the UDP and SDP... Have to wonder if they will just start treating the UDP as an SDP with unlimited credits and some discounts...

I think something has changed or maybe an error, but my account shows $17.70 pp and I have the UDP as a promo (booked before the SDP was implemented). I'm actually on hold with NCL now as the rep is speaking with his supervisor. He also sees it as $17.70 in my account.

I think this may be related to what I pointed out on the A La Carte thread. There doesn't seem to be a difference in the POS system between the UDP and SDP... Have to wonder if they will just start treating the UDP as an SDP with unlimited credits and some discounts...

The rep/supervisor has updated my entertainment confirmation to reflect the new lower price and my credit card will be credited the $26 difference. I asked the rep "why" the new lower price and he said they have been making some changes to the UDP and this $17.70 charge for the Supper Club is one of them. Who knows what else is in store, but this is one change I like :).

I actually found someone at NCL who was ble to explain to me the $26.50 vs $17.70 with the UDP price differences. $26.50 is the discounted amount for premium (floor) seating. $17.70 is regular seating.

I actually found someone at NCL who was ble to explain to me the $26.50 vs $17.70 with the UDP price differences. $26.50 is the discounted amount for premium (floor) seating. $17.70 is regular seating.

Odd as I still have floor seats. Maybe they just credited me the difference and left our seats as they are.

Odd as I still have floor seats. Maybe they just credited me the difference and left our seats as they are.

They also told me that "maybe" onboard at customer service I "might" get the discount down to $17.70 as for whatever reason this option of seats was not showing up when I reserved the $26.50 floor seats.

They also told me that "maybe" onboard at customer service I "might" get the discount down to $17.70 as for whatever reason this option of seats was not showing up when I reserved the $26.50 floor seats.

If you do the math, $17.70 is the $15 upcharge plus 18% gratuity.

Grab it and don't look back that is the SDP price for the show.

There are no "floor seats". I keep thinking hat there are only 7ish rows of tables. Not like cirque with far back and balcony seating.

I meant to ask in my last post, did you enjoy the Brat Pack? So looking forward to it. Also, which seats did you have and how was your view of the stage?

The show was great!

We were on the "second level". Probably 2 steps up from the floor. 4th ish row of tables. Much of the show is done on stage center. However, the cast constantly move and sing thoughout the theater. About 3 rows back there are mini stages to the right and left which are used a lot.

So,,, while the Haven folks sit next to the stage, a lot of the action is behind them. Which why a center table a few rows back gives you a better view of the whole show without constantly turning around as you eat.

BTW. Like other cirque and illusionarium shows, showing up about 45+ min early helps get better seats.

Edited by BirdTravels

So,,, again,,,, $26 is the cost of the show less 25% UDP discount plus 18% tip.

$17 is the SDP upcharge of $15 plus 18% tip

They are the exact same seats. There is no floor seating. If you are on UDP and get offered the cheaper $17,,,,, take it and run.

Just an update for you... When I go on MyNCL, the purchase price for the supper club without any plan is listed as "$35.34 including gratuity and specialty service charge." That would be $29.95 + 18%. You have it listed on your chart as $48.

An impressive effort, so far, on the document. I appreciate that you are making changes as others bring them up, because I think it is/will be useful to see all the differences visually. Kudos!

......Another correction - there is no 25% discount at Food Republic with UDP. Neither SDP or UDP applies there. I specifically asked the restaurant manager, since it had never been listed in the terms of either package, and she confirmed....).

But the UDP terms and conditions still on NCL's web site says Food Republic is included at 25% discount. Seems like NCL cannot get their story straight. Here's what the web site says...

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP)......A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces.

I just booked by entertainment and dining a few weeks ago. I have the UDP that included the grats.

I was able to book The Supper Club, Brat Pack for the cost of $15.00 plus the 18% grats ($17.70) which says 'floor'. It didn't give me a choice. I'm in a suite so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

There is nothing showing as 'cabaret' show so I'm not sure what that is or if that can only be booked once on the ship???

I also was able to book Bayamo at $15.00 plus the 18% grats ($17.70)

Harriet

Harriet