Norwegian Escape Dining Spreadsheet

Loonbeam

I'm on Escape next week. I have the UDP from January for all 4 of us. When you say 1 meal does that mean I can only dine at the restaurant once in the 7 days? I have Moderno reserved for two different nights. Thanks.

No, you can eat in them as much as you want. With the old UDP you can actually eat in more than one per day as well.

6&8

One more update for you. There is no 25% discount at Dolce Gelato with the UDP. It is excluded per the TOC. Here is the relevant line from the official Terms:

Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato are not part of the package.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

Updated, thank you. I thought that was the case but wanted to confirm.

One more update for you. There is no 25% discount at Dolce Gelato with the UDP. It is excluded per the TOC. Here is the relevant line from the official Terms:

Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato are not part of the package.

6&8

I'm so confused about the Supper Club with SDP.

I had purchased the 4-meal SDP, and then made reservations for the Supper Club. I was charged, as expected, $17.70 per person ($15 upcharge + 18%).

Fast forward a few weeks, and my parents could no longer resist the opportunity to jump on the escape with us. They book their room with free UBP and UDP. When my dad booked the Supper Club, he was charged $26.50pp. When he questioned it, he was told "all that is left are floor seats which cost more". I'm not buying it... both of our reservations state "For the Record - Floor".

Fast forward a couple days, and my sister and brother in law could no longer resist the opportunity to jump on the escape with us. They book their room with free UBP and UDP. When my sister booked the Supper Club, she was charged $26.50pp.

Where the heck does $26.50 come from? It's more than the $15 upcharge with SDP, and it's less than the non-sdp rate.

Where the heck does $26.50 come from? It's more than the $15 upcharge with SDP, and it's less than the non-sdp rate.

Oh, maybe I'm an idiot - or NCL's voodoo pricing makes me feel like an idiot.

My confusion stems from my wacky booking. I had originally purchased the SDP, then rebooked my room after the pick-two promo came out. They credited back by SDP purchase, and they must have kept my Supper Club upcharge at $17.70

The more I think about it...

It appears if you purchase SDP, the upcharge total is $17.70pp. If you get the SDP as a promo, the upcharge is $26.50pp. Agree, disagree?

Edited by TheDougOut

It appears if you purchase SDP, the upcharge total is $17.70pp. If you get the SDP as a promo, the upcharge is $26.50pp. Agree, disagree?

Disagree lol. If you read back a bit in the thread, it states that UDP gets 25% off Supper Club. SDP gets $15+tip. Although, I have UDP, and it's showing that I can book for the $15+tip price. I'm waiting to book until on board though so I can use OBC. It'll be interesting to see what I end up getting charged come Jan lol.

The show is worth it at any of the prices - even full price with no package. The food however....I'm just glad we decided to get tapas before to hold us over until the 8:30 show. While not bad, I just wasn't a big fan of the options.

Disagree lol. If you read back a bit in the thread, it states that UDP gets 25% off Supper Club. SDP gets $15+tip. Although, I have UDP, and it's showing that I can book for the $15+tip price.

I originally purchased SDP, and paid $17.70pp upcharge for Supper Club. My father and sister received SDP last week as part of the get-two-perks promo. The current promo is SDP and not UDP, right? When they booked Supper Club they paid $26.50pp upcharge.

We are booking with the pick two promo.... We are doing the UDP and UBP. I called and they said its four 4 nights, can be add extra nights on to it and what would the charge be? Thanks!

Here's the retail price. Not sure how they charge for additions

4-Meal Specialty Dining Package $74.00

5-Meal Specialty Dining Package $89.00

6-Meal Specialty Dining Package $104.00

7-Meal Specialty Dining Package $119.00

NCL Public Relations called me and confirmed that Food Republic is 25% discount with UDP. If not given the discount on the ship, I guess you have to complain at the ship's guest relations desk.

But the UDP terms and conditions still on NCL's web site says Food Republic is included at 25% discount. Seems like NCL cannot get their story straight. Here's what the web site says...

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP)......A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces.

In addition, you have "1 entree" listed for Moderno. The whole nature of Moderno is that you eat nonstop until you are full. You don't even order entrees.

Were there fish options at Moderno? DW doesn't eat meat.

Updated it to reflect that but still would love to see a confirmed rcpt.

NCL Public Relations called me and confirmed that Food Republic is 25% discount with UDP. If not given the discount on the ship, I guess you have to complain at the ship's guest relations desk.

I originally purchased SDP, and paid $17.70pp upcharge for Supper Club. My father and sister received SDP last week as part of the get-two-perks promo. The current promo is SDP and not UDP, right? When they booked Supper Club they paid $26.50pp upcharge.

I haven't seen a response to my earlier comment. From my experience, For The Record has a different upcharge based on whether you purchase a SDP or receive it as a promo. Either that, or NCL tweaked their pricing method in the past 10 days (completely possible).

It's a shame we need a spreadsheet at all. Dining should be a simple process.

Exactly! A cruise vacation should be simple to plan. NCL has made it as complicated as going to Disney World because they can't give accurate information on the phone or their web site and they keep changing everything. The dining plans UDP and SDP are a perfect example -- the web site has terms and conditions that are wrong or are not being honored on the ships, the telephone reps give a different answer every time I call. NCL public relations gives an answer but never in writing.

I know I'll go on the cruise and have a great time. But if NCL keeps it up with all these annoyances, and planning a cruise with them is frustrating over little things like dining and promos, I'll take my vacation dollars somewhere else. It's goofy.

• 2 weeks later...