Bringing your own wine & liquor onboard

AZPBJ

What is the Azamara policy for guests bring their own wine and liquor onboard for personal use in the cabin? I know other cruise lines I have been on have allowed us to bring our own bottles onboard.

We did ask an Azamara agent about this who checked with others. We were told you could bring on two bottles per stateroom for use in your own room.

I really wanted a better White Zinfandel than what is provided. The literature says they offer Beringer but that was not so. There was an alternate White Zin in our wine package. Their daily rose was not to my liking.

We did ask an Azamara agent about this who checked with others. We were told you could bring on two bottles per stateroom for use in your own room.

I've never heard of this limitation. Has anyone else?

This recent thread might be helpful. Note Bonnie's postings. "Reasonable amount" is probably the key phrase.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2261645&highlight=bringing+liquor+on

I've never heard of this limitation. Has anyone else?

This recent thread might be helpful. Note Bonnie's postings. "Reasonable amount" is probably the key phrase.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2261645&highlight=bringing+liquor+on

Without checking, I always though it was two bottles per stateroom dual occupancy as per Celebrity and RCL so yes I've heard this. Won't have space in the suitcase this 32 days though. 1st world problem for us....

Don't know about liquor, but we have brought as many as six bottles of wine at a time on board, both at the beginning of the cruise and at ports. I've never been aware of a limitation, nor has it been an issue at the security checkpoints.

• 1 month later...
You can bring it on from any port, for consumption in your cabin or at the dinner table; we bought a half dozen bottles in St. Tropez to enjoy for the rest of the cruise

Is there a corkage fee if you enjoy your own bottle of wine/champagne at the dinner table in Discoveries?

Is there a corkage fee if you enjoy your own bottle of wine/champagne at the dinner table in Discoveries?

Here's our policy from webpage: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/booked-guests/you-board/guest-conduct-policy

CORKAGE POLICY

Azamara Club Cruises® offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.

If you are given a bottle of wine that was purchased from Azamara's Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply. If you are given a bottle of wine from an outside vendor and/or travel professional, and the bottle was not purchased through Azamara's Bon Voyage selection, then a $10 corkage fee will apply if the wine is consumed in the dining room or other public area. All corkage fees will be added to your onboard account.

Alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Alcohol will not be delivered to any guest under the age of 21.

Here's our policy from webpage: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/booked-guests/you-board/guest-conduct-policy

CORKAGE POLICY

Azamara Club Cruises® offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.

If you are given a bottle of wine that was purchased from Azamara's Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply. If you are given a bottle of wine from an outside vendor and/or travel professional, and the bottle was not purchased through Azamara's Bon Voyage selection, then a $10 corkage fee will apply if the wine is consumed in the dining room or other public area. All corkage fees will be added to your onboard account.

Alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Alcohol will not be delivered to any guest under the age of 21.

Bonnie- We were on a March Journey sailing and as posted, I was told there was a 2 bottle limit by the Azamara rep that I spoke with. She actually had me wait while she checked with a supervisor to verify this information.

When we boarded, the advertised Beringer White Zinfandel was not available and accoring to the wine steward, it had been replaced by another not so good White Zin.

We drive to the port and could have avoided paying for a wine package had we known we could pay $10.00 corkage fee. Where is this information on the Azamara site as we are on Quest in December. The Azamara rose is quite awful.

Thanks!!

Bonnie- We were on a March Journey sailing and as posted, I was told there was a 2 bottle limit by the Azamara rep that I spoke with. She actually had me wait while she checked with a supervisor to verify this information.

When we boarded, the advertised Beringer White Zinfandel was not available and accoring to the wine steward, it had been replaced by another not so good White Zin.

We drive to the port and could have avoided paying for a wine package had we known we could pay $10.00 corkage fee. Where is this information on the Azamara site as we are on Quest in December. The Azamara rose is quite awful.

Thanks!!

Follow the link in my post #9 above and you'll see where this policy is.

There has never been a limit to the amount of wine you can bring onboard an Azamara ship. The late, much missed Bill Leiber would say " as long as you understand that we are not in the haulage business, any reasonable amount is fine by us. :)

I want to bring on some Prosecco on our Journey cruise next week. When are Azamara going to change this stupid policy of not having Prosecco or Cava onboard, either to buy or as part of the included package? :(

I really wish they would revisit the policy as well. I don't want a whole bottle just one glass lunchtime and pre dinner so a bottle goes off. Bet it would be cheaper for Azamara than the wine or martini I drink instead.

I really wish they would revisit the policy as well. I don't want a whole bottle just one glass lunchtime and pre dinner so a bottle goes off. Bet it would be cheaper for Azamara than the wine or martini I drink instead.

Couldn't agree more Ann. A chilled glass of Prosecco....or maybe two :) at lunch time or pre dinner is perfect. Cava would go very well with some tapas in The Living Room. I know we can buy a bottle of Champagne, but we just want a glass of Prosecco ...or maybe two! :) Cost cannot be a problem surely? Anyway, I wouldn't mind paying for a glass, I just want the opportunity to have one.

Please listen to us Azamara.