Golden Princess, some say it's tired?

KiwiFunCruiser

Next review: "My cruise was RUINED because a chair in the buffet had ripped its stitches!!! I will NEVER cruise on Princess again!!!!!" LOL. ;)

LOL but I think that one has already been done. But I'm waiting. :)

• 5 months later...
I was on her last November and she looked just fine although a bit Creaky at night when she was Rocking but otherwise Find. :)

what cruise date ?? was on her 25th nov to 8th dec seemed fine to me but may have depended on where room was etc

what cruise date ?? was on her 25th nov to 8th dec seemed fine to me but may have depended on where room was etc

Was on her 12th of November to 25th of November 2015 Was in a Cabin on Deck 9 it was creaky there but again she was just fine

Was on her 12th of November to 25th of November 2015 Was in a Cabin on Deck 9 it was creaky there but again she was just fine

maybe from theatre?? i was deck 10 up first cabin at front heard the odd wave crash that was it friend was on your cruise that was one that didnt get to Dunedin and Milford if i remember what i was told , i know they painted parts of the out side while in port on my cruise , i would cruise on her again loved her the creaking would not have bothered me i dont think , would have helped send me to sleep if anything

maybe from theatre?? i was deck 10 up first cabin at front heard the odd wave crash that was it friend was on your cruise that was one that didnt get to Dunedin and Milford if i remember what i was told , i know they painted parts of the out side while in port on my cruise , i would cruise on her again loved her the creaking would not have bothered me i dont think , would have helped send me to sleep if anything

Yeah it might of been. She kept me awake with her rocking at times lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yeah it might of been. She kept me awake with her rocking at times lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I felt a slight sway but nothing real rough etc heard some at back got sea sick or said it was rough but they were right at back I don't think was rough at all in my cabin heard a couple copped bad sea sickness after hoping in at Auckland they ended up off at Wellington so I was told I guess everyone reacts differently to different motions

ill do a quick pre-review now, might as well no-one will read it when we get back.

Post Reviews

Sea Princess=beautiful, great food,staff,amenities.

Sun Princess=beautiful,great food,staff,amenities

Dawn princess=beautiful,great food,staff,amenities

Maintenance being done all the time she's a ship, Rust Never Sleeps.

No blocked heads, no sewerage smells, plenty of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices. Only 2 grumpy staff and they were photo/arts people. Entertainment good, ports good. No ripped chairs, we don't sit on the back of them and we weren't looking. No threadbare carpet. Dodgy lifts,yes,but that's the fun of it.

Never saw a bucket catching water anywhere.1 rug rats nappy in pool, stupid parents. Plenty of room in pools and tubs. Never seen noro-virus.Didnt even know what it was till reading about it here.Embarkation and dis,no-probs,75 mins max.

So onto the Golden.

Pre Review

Golden Princess=As above,couldnt imagine it being anything else really.:):)

We are so spoiled nowadays. When I first started cruising in the early 90's, I was sailing on ships that were nearly 40 years old, like the Carnivale and the Oceanic. Now we consider ships that aren't even half that age to be long in the tooth. Yes, every ship is rusty, the window sills are corroded, and there is some wear & tear. That doesn't mean the ship is in bad shape--that's just the way it is.

Only 2 grumpy staff and they were photo/arts people.

not good [on golden i take it] i know one of the photographers that was on it when i was on her left i think after a month for the break they get between cruises he was great , don't know if they changed all the photo people on there ? there was another that was great too but i don't know his name and unsure if he is still on her or not hope you don't encounter any more grump ones

We are so spoiled nowadays. When I first started cruising in the early 90's, I was sailing on ships that were nearly 40 years old, like the Carnivale and the Oceanic. Now we consider ships that aren't even half that age to be long in the tooth. Yes, every ship is rusty, the window sills are corroded, and there is some wear & tear. That doesn't mean the ship is in bad shape--that's just the way it is.

true that

not good [on golden i take it] i know one of the photographers that was on it when i was on her left i think after a month for the break they get between cruises he was great , don't know if they changed all the photo people on there ? there was another that was great too but i don't know his name and unsure if he is still on her or not hope you don't encounter any more grump ones

Photo people eventually sorted it and all was good,the grumpiness probably cut both ways,my frustration vs their lack of professionalism,but having said that 1 person out of a team of ten is pretty good and the rest of the team were just brilliant.

The art people,well thats another matter,rude, and arrogant,one person in particular.

Mrs 2 so wanted to do a Julia Roberts moment,and come back and say you work on commission dont you,Big Mistake,really Big Mistake,as she had about $4000.00 to spend,never ever,ever again,will we even consider indulging any of the arts team.

But having said that 2 people out of 1000,HAPPY.:)

Sorry no this was DAWN.

The name of the photographer that was brilliant and went the extra mile to locate missing photos was Thomas.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Photo people eventually sorted it and all was good,the grumpiness probably cut both ways,my frustration vs their lack of professionalism,but having said that 1 person out of a team of ten is pretty good and the rest of the team were just brilliant.

The art people,well thats another matter,rude, and arrogant,one person in particular.

Mrs 2 so wanted to do a Julia Roberts moment,and come back and say you work on commission dont you,Big Mistake,really Big Mistake,as she had about $4000.00 to spend,never ever,ever again,will we even consider indulging any of the arts team.

But having said that 2 people out of 1000,HAPPY.:)

Sorry no this was DAWN.

The name of the photographer that was brilliant and went the extra mile to locate missing photos was Thomas.

cool yes definitely a Julia Roberts moment for sure and yes happy customers always great :)

the awesome photographer i had on Golden was Martin i will have to look at his fb page i think i saw other one write on there Chris or something like that rings a bell

Always been happy with princess,always talk in a quiet,controlled manner,but firm.I have no hesitation in letting them know if there is a problem,quietly,and patiently.

Score Sheet

3 cruises

3 different ships

3000+ staff.

1 cabin issue,resolved,in 1 day,everyone happy

1 security issue,resolved,with in the hr,and constantly scrutinized by staff happy.

1 photo issue,eventually resolved,everyone happy.

1 arts issue,resolved,money still in pocket,we happy.

Final Score to Date

Princess 100

Rest 0

:):):)